Oh-No...Not PINS again !!

Outside bars ? -much rather be in them

Is that T2Ws very own pinmeister/wizard?

I am master of nothing Sir, but I post a lot, ;) albeit I am rapidly losing interest in doing more of the same in the future.
Ps. I'm still looking into HA Candles :)

I use them all the time Neil, far better than standard candles IMHO. Never looked back since I swapped over to them.

Thanks Dinos -it was you who caused me to look at them. Thanks again:)

Whats the point anymore....

Looks like he's ignored a couple of losers there, and has nothing to say about exits. A James 16 follower?
Shakey -I don't mind criticism, really I don't, but I wish you would read up before writing such an asinine reply. Yes, I am a fan of J16 but, in common with many others there, have evolved my own approach to its' basic theory. Such methods do involve discussing stops. J16 is simply an approach NOT a system.It's free and therefore I am not selling anything in all the years I have been here.
The couple of losers ? That was the only trade I took on my criteria. Yes -I have losers but not that one. Trader333's reply, and yours, are one of several reasons I feel my sojourn at T2W is coming to an end.

Why ?

Why?
Because I am always looking at approaches to trading. I trade and, when not trading, devote time to research. Bit like my golf - always seeking to improve (and I need it:))Hope that answers your question.

"I feel my sojourn at T2W is coming to an end."

Your departure would be a loss, neil, you've always been a level-headed, calming and sensible influence here and it would be a great shame if you left. More than enough good people have already.

Richard

Shakey -I don't mind criticism, really I don't, but I wish you would read up before writing such an asinine reply. Yes, I am a fan of J16 but, in common with many others there, have evolved my own approach to its' basic theory. Such methods do involve discussing stops. J16 is simply an approach NOT a system.It's free and therefore I am not selling anything in all the years I have been here.
The couple of losers ? That was the only trade I took on my criteria. Yes -I have losers but not that one. Trader333's reply, and yours, are one of several reasons I feel my sojourn at T2W is coming to an end.

Bit rude there Neil.

I meant Rac is a James 16 man presumably, not you. Are you Rac? If so, I didn't know.

I don't think the pinbar entry is anything terrible at all, I just don't see why they skip the losers. Surely someone wanting to explain an approach shouldn't cherry pick out the losers unless he explains why they shouldn't be taken. I see at least 2 other pinbars with no mention about entry, that's all. Would be a far more interesting thread if it was explained.

I also thought Dionysus was asking if it was Trader_Dante, which it isn't.

Last edited:
What was the final verdict on James16 ?

Would appreciate a precis of opinion. i am aware of approach etc

Don't think there ever is a final verdict unless they've been found out somehow.

He's not the worst I've seen. My impression from what I have seen is:

Has some understanding of price movement - Good
He advocates demoing first - Good
He advocates longer timeframes - Good and Bad (massive stops)
He suggests a place for stop, so risk is somewhat covered - Good
He doesn't discuss exits for profit or trade management - Bad
He doesn't really discuss context - Bad
He doesn't really discuss trend - Bad
He has never made any live calls or proved he can trade and charges for a website - Make your own mind up

There seem to be dozens of James16 followers all with their own variation of entries, but the reason for my comment above is that almost all of them seem to not even mention what I consider the most important parts to this, longer term trend, context (trend is part of context, but I mean more than that), cutting losers and running winners (i.e. trade management), and without those it's not very useful or testable. Just dozens of followers fiddling around with entries that don't really matter in the big scheme. But that's normal I suppose, nobody really wants to talk about the things that matter. All imho.

Last edited: