Offshore/U.K. Tax Related Question

TWI

Does anybody know of a good resource for tax information relating to British Citizens living abroad, regarding things like how many days they are allowed to be resident in UK over a number of year before becoming liable for Income tax.
One example question I am attempting to answer is following:
If a British Citizen is living abroad and wishes to invest in a UK business with his currently offshore funds, will this investment be liable for tax should he spend more than his allowed days in the UK over a period of years?

If you are English but live abroad and don't have intention to come back at least for a while, you could enquire about expatriation, I met an English man living in France I understood for him to have taxes advantages he had to be classified as an expatriated but I have no idea about the condition requested.
If that can help you... or speak to a good accountant...
good luck

Twalker,
Whatever you are thinking of doing, get it checked out by a good tax accountant. Do not DIY.

Gullible.

If you are English but live abroad and don't have intention to come back at least for a while, you could enquire about expatriation,

I think you mean becoming non-domiciled. This is a bit more complicated to establish, as it is a matter of common law rather than an HMRC regulation about how many days one can be in the UK. There is some stuff about this on HMRC's website as well.

I am neither a lawyer nor an accountant.