Offshore/U.K. Tax Related Question

TWI

2,527 252
Does anybody know of a good resource for tax information relating to British Citizens living abroad, regarding things like how many days they are allowed to be resident in UK over a number of year before becoming liable for Income tax.
One example question I am attempting to answer is following:
If a British Citizen is living abroad and wishes to invest in a UK business with his currently offshore funds, will this investment be liable for tax should he spend more than his allowed days in the UK over a period of years?

al76

10 1
If you are English but live abroad and don't have intention to come back at least for a while, you could enquire about expatriation, I met an English man living in France I understood for him to have taxes advantages he had to be classified as an expatriated but I have no idea about the condition requested.
If that can help you... or speak to a good accountant...
good luck

gullible

159 0
Twalker,
Whatever you are thinking of doing, get it checked out by a good tax accountant. Do not DIY.

Gullible.

Thaumaturgus

33 1
If you are English but live abroad and don't have intention to come back at least for a while, you could enquire about expatriation,

I think you mean becoming non-domiciled. This is a bit more complicated to establish, as it is a matter of common law rather than an HMRC regulation about how many days one can be in the UK. There is some stuff about this on HMRC's website as well.

I am neither a lawyer nor an accountant.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock