OANDA open positions indicator saved me a fortune yesterday!

lordgeorge

9 0
I always check it before I enter trades, I guess it's sort of similar to the COT indicator, I use it as a 'dumb' indicator (if 90% of traders lose, and yesterday
morning it saying 93% of clients were long eur/chf then who exactly was taking the other side lol) that stopped me going lol eur/chf when it was at the floor

only downside is I didn't have the confidence to go through with a usd/chf short,
was so close to opening one :(

Forexmospherian

Legendary member
39,928 3,301
I always check it before I enter trades, I guess it's sort of similar to the COT indicator, I use it as a 'dumb' indicator (if 90% of traders lose, and yesterday
morning it saying 93% of clients were long eur/chf then who exactly was taking the other side lol) that stopped me going lol eur/chf when it was at the floor

only downside is I didn't have the confidence to go through with a usd/chf short,
was so close to opening one :(

Hi lordgeorge

Remember though the total retail trader base is only about 5% -8% of the market top

So if 100% retailer fx traders on all brokers throughout the world were in one direction and Oanda's customers are only a small percentage of retailers - then still 90% of the commercials and players could be in the other way

I appreciate this was not the case on the Swissy etc - but dont get fooled by these guides - even the COT - they can all be tricked and mostly are ;-)

Good Trading

F

lordgeorge

9 0
Hi lordgeorge

Remember though the total retail trader base is only about 5% -8% of the market top

So if 100% retailer fx traders on all brokers throughout the world were in one direction and Oanda's customers are only a small percentage of retailers - then still 90% of the commercials and players could be in the other way

I appreciate this was not the case on the Swissy etc - but dont get fooled by these guides - even the COT - they can all be tricked and mostly are ;-)

Good Trading

F

that's a good point and interesting, I think I enjoy learning about the markets
about as much as trading lol, cheers :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock