OANDA MetaTrader 4

AEsparza

Hello,

OANDA is reaching out to the Trade2Win community for comments and feedback of our integration of MetaTrader 4 and OANDA fxTrade.

Currently only the Demo (fxTrade Practice) on MT4 is available.

A bit of background on the decision by OANDA to incorporate MT4.

OANDA has a track record of striving to lower the limits forex traders face. Lower spreads, better execution and technical innovation are the main pillars that OANDA is built on. OANDA offers a web platform, a powerful API solution and a growing list of mobile platforms, but there was a gap in our platform offering. MT4 fills the gap and gives more options to automated traders and traders that want a more customizable trading experience.

If you have any comments, feedback or questions about OANDA MT4 let me know in this thread,

Thanks,

Alfonso Esparza
OANDA

Last edited by a moderator:
Will Oanda use the Virtual Dealer plugin for MT4? What guarantee will customers have that Oanda is not using it to manipulate spreads in your favour in the same manner that Gain Capital were heavily fined for doing?

pboyles,

OANDA MT4 will not be using the Virtual Dealer plugin. We haven't purchased the plugin and have no intention of doing so. The NFA supervision acts as a guarantee as they are now aware of how the plugin's existence and how it works when the settings favour the brokers vs the client.

Hello BumBumBum,

The team at OANDA are very pleased with the launch of MT4 in terms of customer satisfaction. This means that MT5 is a very real possibility. That being said currently there are no timelines or plans to start testing MT5. The decision to go with MT4 was based on the maturity of the platform and the size of the community behind it. MT5 will keep growing and we will take all suggestions and requests on file to keep you updated on this topic

You could make you funding options more user friendly instead of using the disliked Paypal. Let users fund their account via cards (like fxcm and many others). I would like to use Oanda but cannot be bothered with your clunky outdated and slow methods of account funding.

I have friends who trade with Oanda because they say Oanda is one of the best brokers for scalpers. I'm testing 3-4 brokers right now. May be i can try Oanda next :)

l.jpg
in.jpg
c.jpg
mr.jpg
a.jpg
e.jpg
ms.jpg

You could make you funding options more user friendly instead of using the disliked Paypal. Let users fund their account via cards (like fxcm and many others). I would like to use Oanda but cannot be bothered with your clunky outdated and slow methods of account funding.

lol , some will consider accepting credit cards as a bad sign , i tried bank transfers with oanda it is fast ...

Will Oanda use the Virtual Dealer plugin for MT4? What guarantee will customers have that Oanda is not using it to manipulate spreads in your favour in the same manner that Gain Capital were heavily fined for doing?

is it DMA spreadbetting.?

Hello,

OANDA is reaching out to the Trade2Win community for comments and feedback of our integration of MetaTrader 4 and OANDA fxTrade.

Currently only the Demo (fxTrade Practice) on MT4 is available.

A bit of background on the decision by OANDA to incorporate MT4.

OANDA has a track record of striving to lower the limits forex traders face. Lower spreads, better execution and technical innovation are the main pillars that OANDA is built on. OANDA offers a web platform, a powerful API solution and a growing list of mobile platforms, but there was a gap in our platform offering. MT4 fills the gap and gives more options to automated traders and traders that want a more customizable trading experience.

If you have any comments, feedback or questions about OANDA MT4 let me know in this thread,

Thanks,

Alfonso Esparza
OANDA

Nice decision.

In previous I traded with your java based platform. In next I will like to trade with meta trader 4 platform.

lol , some will consider accepting credit cards as a bad sign , i tried bank transfers with oanda it is fast ...

We know wire transfer is fast (well...card actually can be faster), but it costs money. Cards in other hands, debit cards could be free and debit card could be 1.5-3%.

It would be great cards can be used for small amount, and wire transfer for lager amount.

mt4 oanda

Hello BumBumBum,

The team at OANDA are very pleased with the launch of MT4 in terms of customer satisfaction. This means that MT5 is a very real possibility. That being said currently there are no timelines or plans to start testing MT5. The decision to go with MT4 was based on the maturity of the platform and the size of the community behind it. MT5 will keep growing and we will take all suggestions and requests on file to keep you updated on this topic

i am not happy with oanda mt4. the tp does not work even though the price crossed the tp target(n)

Unless Oanda improves the execution speed on MT4 I wouldn't be interesting using it in live trading. Oanda's Java platform on the other hand is very fast, and it would take a considerable improvement for me to move to MT4. I think it would be easier for Oanda to improve the speed of execution on the MT5 platform.

Oanda MT4 is OK with me 'cos I am not a scalper. Their spreads are pretty low, ie EURUSD pair is mostly 0.8 pips.

The thing I dun like about Oanda is their low leverage (1:50). If not, I would be more active there.

I agree with gle101; oanda launched MT4 and uses clients as guinea pigs.
Get your execution right, your ECN liquidity, spreads and costs right and then you will be able to compete - now is just another MT4!!!

I use Oanda and like it. I would recommend being careful during low volume periods as you can get hit with bad spreads. I prefer the core pricing to get the best spreads.