Oanda FXTrade Unreliable

Trdr

just started using the platform again Sun/Mon and here's what I've been experiencing

price bars stop updating but ticker still works
can't open a chart
attach but can't Remove/adjust studies or trendlines
Disconnect works but can't re-connect
a Java warning message pops up "Java has discovered application components that
could indicate a security concern - Name: OANDA fxTrade - Block potentionally
unsafe components from being run ? (recommended)" after which the above may occur

I have to close the program and re-login again to get it working and have had to do
so Many times

anyone else experiencing/experienced the same / similar ?

so far I've uninstalled one version of java, installed the latest version, uninstalled that
and installed an earlier version and FXTrade still doesn't function correctly
on the Oanda forum there's a 'Beware this new JAVA update' posted November 11

here's Oanda Support's reply to my email
"While in the past there have been instances of connectivity issues with the trading
platform itself, these are quite rare. In the overwhelming majority of cases,
connectivity issues such as those you have described (inconsistent connection,
charts lagging) are the result of intermittent internet connection. The signals
between your computer and the fxTrade platform travel back and forth over multiple
ISPs. If any one of these ISPs has connection issues, it will affect the quality of
your connection to the platform."

aside from the fact that I haven't reported 'inconsistent connection, charts lagging'
is 'ISP connectivity' the likely cause of the 'freezing' of parts of the program ?
if there's an 'ISP connectivity' issue and the price bars stop updating, wouldn't the
ticker also stop ?

the problems I've been experiencing may have been fixed, and may in part have been
caused by myself

today - Tue - just a few minutes after loading FXTrade I switched from ohlc chart to
heiken ashi and all chart functions froze including order entry, except the price bars
did continue to update.

my call to Oanda resulted in the rep having me try the 'desktop' login method which
is a small direct install program leaving an FXTrade icon on the desktop -
http://fxtrade.oanda.com/trade-forex/fxtrade/desktop
what this means is direct connection and login to Java, eliminating the use of a browser
and possible browser initiating problems

it worked then didn't work - the icon became corrupted the second time I tried to
start FXTrade, back to site download again, Then - because reps had been asking
me to Java/Delete temporary files and I knew Crap Cleaner cleaned Sun Jave temp
files, we worked out that CC was deleting the desktop icon files which are stored in
the Java temp folder
Unchecked CC/Cleaner Settings/Applications/Internet/Sun Java and re-tested the
login and it ran ok

so if you're having FXTrade problems, try the desktop login method, and if you're
using CCleaner and presumably any other similar cleaner, make sure to Uncheck Java
from the clean process
(not related - but also Uncheck: Cleaner Settings/Windows/Old Prefetch data
http://www.populartechnology.net/2005/10/ccleaner-cripples-application-load.html)

if I do get any problems again I'll update the thread, otherwise it seems to be fixed