Oanda & using their API

Anonymous -
How so?

Anonymous -
If one deposits an amount of money, and that money earns interest paid into his account everyday. If he risks only that amount of interest which he earns per day by trading once per day, then his capital can be preserved for quite a long long time. Even if he doesn't know anything about charts, interest rate differentials, arbitrage, etc, etc.

Please tell me you're not a wind-up merchant/heckler ;)?

Cheers

jtrader.

wind-up merchant/heckler
?

No idea what you mean by that.

Let's say you open an account with Oanda, Oanda pays continuous interest, paid everyday. So if you deposit $10,000 (your capital) in it earning say 3.75% per year and Oanda credits your account:

$10,000 x 3.75% divide 365 days = $1.02 per day

Now let's say you risk up to that amount of interest credited into your account everyday on say, EUR/USD, ie. 1,000 = $0.1 x 10 pips = $1.00 per day.

Assuming that you are so unlucky as to be wrong on all your one trade per day for the next 365 days, you will still have your $10,000 capital.

Same logic whether you deposit $1,000 or $100.

Hi Anonymous

I'm sorry for misunderstanding you if you weren't taking the Micheal, it's just that your latter contributions to this thread appeared quite random in their nature, and not closely related to the questions posed.

But when considering that you're perhaps operating from a roadside cafe on the outer edges of the universe, and what with me sat here in a small village near Barnsley, South Yorkshire, its easy to see how we could get our wires crossed :p .

Perhaps it was just me, no offence intended mate!

jtrader.

The roadside cafe on the edges of the universe idea is something I got from a BBC radio talkshow long ago. Can't remember the exact title, though (I don't think it has anything to do with Johnathan's Coffehouse).

Ford Prefect

Anonymous said:
The roadside cafe on the edges of the universe idea is something I got from a BBC radio talkshow long ago. Can't remember the exact title, though (I don't think it has anything to do with Jonathan's Coffehouse).

Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy :cheesy: