Not the Capital Spreads Changed a Trade With Lots of Exclamation Marks Thread

Not whingeing. I'd just like to know how SBs apparently have a system that generates deliberate errors that result in trade cancellations two weeks later.

Do you actually trade? Be surprised if you do and astonished if you could make a decent fist of it 'cos all I ever see you write is moan after moan about; who stiffed you, and how the game is rigged against you, how everyone is out to get you, and how charts mess with your head/prevent you from taking a trade, how everyone is getting ripped off..hardly the character bedrock and personality traits for successful trading..

On the CMC thead it's like you're caught in some bizarre autistic loop; going round and round for months asking the same questions about platforms and charts..Just stfu and learn to trade.

I see lots of whinging going on here, everyone seems to want the best of both worlds.

IF that pricing anomoly meant a customer had his stops triggered and he took a loss when the as a result of the misprice, you would be up in arms, demanding a refund and/or the position re-instated. Yet you demand if you opened a position at that price it should stand...

Don't you see the two-faced side of what you are saying? You can't have it both ways to suit yourself.

Decide if you want to deal at the price CS gives you, accurate or not, or whether you want CS to give accurate prices and correct it's mistakes.

This talk about “You can't have it both ways to suit yourself” is bollox.

If you had bought a bmw for £6,100 (the displayed price for a week) from a garage and sold it say £6,250. You take the £150 and off you go to Barbados. After 3 weeks, you are back from holiday, the seller knocks on your door and says the quote price of £6,100 was wrong it was meant to be £6,280 and he demands an extra £180. The garage blames the buyer for purchasing the bmw at the “wrong price” and says he should have checked the price with other garages. The garage justifies this treatment on the basis that if the garage had received a trade-in bmw and quoted a wrong price for other sellers – they would have refunded the difference.

And the jury says …it’s the buyer’s fault – he cant have it both ways….he should have checked the prices and compare elsewhere. …..i cant believe this …the jury needs to get its head checked.

[This trader was long on some index at 6,100 and sold at 6,250 –or somewhere there. And Capital Spreads demand whatever the 200 or so profit he had earned, after 3 weeks , after this guy had taken the profit and he is accused of trading on the “wrong price”].

Even if Simon reverses losing trades the point is Captial Spreads NEED TO OWN UP TO ITs mistakes and compensates even the traders in profit and not reverses their trades. IT IS CAPITAL SPREADS FAULT AND THEY HAVE ADMITTED THAT SEVERAL TIMES BUT THEY cant be bothered to loss any penny for their mistakes…that where I don’t agree with them pple supporting this illicit business practice. We cant just be happy that only losses may be reversed. Why not both. Dont be content with small things. It's like women with small boobs saying they are happy with their small boobs. There is need for Capital Spreads to change their policy.

Last edited:
This talk about “You can't have it both ways to suit yourself” is bollox.

If you had bought a bmw for £6,100 (the displayed price for a week) from a garage and sold it say £6,250. You take the £150 and off you go to Barbados. After 3 weeks, you are back from holiday, the seller knocks on your door and says the quote price of £6,100 was wrong it was meant to be £6,280 and he demands an extra £180. The garage blames the buyer for purchasing the bmw at the “wrong price” and says he should have checked the price with other garages. The garage justifies this treatment on the basis that if the garage had received a trade-in bmw and quoted a wrong price for other sellers – they would have refunded the difference.

And the jury says …it’s the buyer’s fault – he cant have it both ways….he should have checked the prices and compare elsewhere. …..i cant believe this …the jury needs to get its head checked.

[This trader was long on some index at 6,100 and sold at 6,250 –or somewhere there. And Capital Spreads demand whatever the 200 or so profit he had earned, after 3 weeks , after this guy had taken the profit and he is accused of trading on the “wrong price”].

Even if Simon reverses losing trades the point is Captial Spreads NEED TO OWN UP TO ITs mistakes and compensates even the traders in profit and not reverses their trades. IT IS CAPITAL SPREADS FAULT AND THEY HAVE ADMITTED THAT SEVERAL TIMES BUT THEY cant be bothered to loss any penny for their mistakes…that where I don’t agree with them pple supporting this illicit business practice. We cant just be happy that only losses may be reversed. Why not both. Dont be content with small things. It's like women with small boobs saying they are happy with their small boobs. There is need for Capital Spreads to change their policy.

it's like leaving your beautiful wife in king solomon's palace whilst you go for his war. placing a trade with a broker or sb is all about trust, trust and trust. If the broker/sb starts f.king your woman. its time to choose another kingdom to fight for or take the fight to the king.

If i were Broadex i would post as many threads as possible - on as many sites as possible and leave Capital Spreads do the damage control.What i dont get is in this day and age - where internet, facebook, wikileaks etc can expose all the dirty laundry , a big company like Capital Spreads could choose to be stubborn, forget the impact this will have on new clients is ridiculous. By the time they try to resolve this - more than a million pple would have seen these threads and made their choice of where to put their money; and probably lost a couple of thousands of potential revenue and not only that- the time they are devoting to answering these questions - ceo time wasted trying to convince everyone that their policy is right. If Broadex chooses to take the case to FSA or FOS another reputation exposure. Even if he looses the case, which i doubt, Capital Spreads will loose big time. All for the sake of taking £200???????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:
Do you actually trade? Be surprised if you do and astonished if you could make a decent fist of it 'cos all I ever see you write is moan after moan about; who stiffed you, and how the game is rigged against you, how everyone is out to get you, and how charts mess with your head/prevent you from taking a trade, how everyone is getting ripped off..hardly the character bedrock and personality traits for successful trading..

On the CMC thead it's like you're caught in some bizarre autistic loop; going round and round for months asking the same questions about platforms and charts..Just stfu and learn to trade.

Sorry to be so fooking boring. If you actually read my posts (and can spare the time between making aggressive assertions that you're the only person here who can trade, and that everyone else is a clueless amateur), you'll find that the 'you' is about spreadbetters in general, not me personally.

For the record, I believe that SB providers have improved greatly over the last ten years, and I don't think they are 'out to get' anyone. They simply don't need to, because most people will lose anyway. Which is why you (= 'one') shouldn't ignore things that are obviously incorrect, unfair and, above all, unnecessary.

This thread originally started because someone had successfully opened and closed a trade, then had it cancelled. The explanation given by the SB seemed to show that their price quote would always be incorrect when the underlying market's spread widened abnormally, which can't be fair, and has nothing to do with whether you're an ace guru trader or not.

Sorry to be so fooking boring. If you actually read my posts (and can spare the time between making aggressive assertions that you're the only person here who can trade, and that everyone else is a clueless amateur), you'll find that the 'you' is about spreadbetters in general, not me personally.

For the record, I believe that SB providers have improved greatly over the last ten years, and I don't think they are 'out to get' anyone. They simply don't need to, because most people will lose anyway. Which is why you (= 'one') shouldn't ignore things that are obviously incorrect, unfair and, above all, unnecessary.

This thread originally started because someone had successfully opened and closed a trade, then had it cancelled. The explanation given by the SB seemed to show that their price quote would always be incorrect when the underlying market's spread widened abnormally, which can't be fair, and has nothing to do with whether you're an ace guru trader or not.

You can either make money or not, you either know how to make money from this game or you don't. You (and the recent trolls/sock puppets who always gravitate towards/create these threads) just constantly look for excuses to hide your failure.

Tell him boss.

Oh noooo. It getting hotter here. Black Swan I did advise to cool off on our last chat. Anyone with some advice to Black Swan? just read all his latest posts (go to his profile)

lol. you dont mince your words do you!

Tell him boss.

Oh noooo. It getting hotter here. Black Swan I did advise to cool off on our last chat. Anyone with some advice to Black Swan? just read all his latest posts (go to his profile)

eh? What chat was this in your 18 posts of slagging off the SB industry and CS?

Do you have any solid evidence that the error was deliberate? I find it hard to believe.

If this was the case, why would they wait two weeks before reversing the trade in question?

Referring to the explanation from CS, if a SB tries to quote a fixed spread on any market that has a variable spread (ie, all of them) the price will always by 'wrong' when the underlying spread widens. This won't matter much if it's only a few pips or points out, but will potentially become a big problem if the 'real' market has an unusually large spread, especially if the price(s) weren't actually traded. The true sequence of events will only be known later, hence the cancellation if there's been a 'mistake' and they stand to lose money.
That's why I think it can be considered deliberate, which works very well for the SB when they can fall back on the manifest error getout clause.
On the other hand, you have to realise that it also works in favour of the client, because being able to trade with increasingly narrow, and fixed, spreads most of the time has to be one of the best things about SB in the last few years.

You can either make money or not, you either know how to make money from this game or you don't. You (and the recent trolls/sock puppets who always gravitate towards/create these threads) just constantly look for excuses to hide your failure.

So it's as simple as that, from Day One? Good traders like you are born, not made, and nobody ever learns anything? And in the meantime, if a SB or broker makes a mistake that's also because you're a crap trader looking for an excuse? In that case, I can't understand why you bother reading these threads.

if a SB or broker makes a mistake that's also because you're a crap trader looking for an excuse?

There's always a tw@t quotient in any business, be it your supplier or your customers. We all learn oodles of stuff as we travel and navigate our way through life. One constant in this business is the more success you have the less you moan and blame others for your failings, I hope (for your sake) you move on.

You've created a continuation of a dead thread from nothing for no other reason than to escalate an issue that a zero t2w history sock puppet created. Just take a step back and have a good long hard think how any of it is going to aid your future successful trading.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see lots of whinging going on here, everyone seems to want the best of both worlds.

IF that pricing anomoly meant a customer had his stops triggered and he took a loss when the as a result of the misprice, you would be up in arms, demanding a refund and/or the position re-instated. Yet you demand if you opened a position at that price it should stand...

Don't you see the two-faced side of what you are saying? You can't have it both ways to suit yourself.

Decide if you want to deal at the price CS gives you, accurate or not, or whether you want CS to give accurate prices and correct it's mistakes.

+1

it's like leaving your beautiful wife in king solomon's palace whilst you go for his war. placing a trade with a broker or sb is all about trust, trust and trust. If the broker/sb starts f.king your woman. its time to choose another kingdom to fight for or take the fight to the king.

If i were Broadex i would post as many threads as possible - on as many sites as possible and leave Capital Spreads do the damage control.What i dont get is in this day and age - where internet, facebook, wikileaks etc can expose all the dirty laundry , a big company like Capital Spreads could choose to be stubborn, forget the impact this will have on new clients is ridiculous. By the time they try to resolve this - more than a million pple would have seen these threads and made their choice of where to put their money; and probably lost a couple of thousands of potential revenue and not only that- the time they are devoting to answering these questions - ceo time wasted trying to convince everyone that their policy is right. If Broadex chooses to take the case to FSA or FOS another reputation exposure. Even if he looses the case, which i doubt, Capital Spreads will loose big time. All for the sake of taking £200???????????????????????????????????????????????

+1million & im done with this thread.

Apparently Simon is the CEO of Capital Spreads!
Well... yeah, he is.

These sort of threads always get closed or deleted. They are an embarrassment to the companies concerned and they will threaten legal action to have them closed down. I've lost count of how many times that has happened here. Quite often they are also advertisers but T2W insist that has nothing to do with it.
I really doubt a spread betting company can sue anybody on the internet for the facts published on the forum. The thread was closed as OP requested it.

It's normal for Black Swan. He doesn't read the threads properly and just comments nonsense sometimes.
Oh, yeah, he never forgets to remind Peter how great CMC are.

I posted on CMC thread that they laid off some people in marketing and sales and said it was a rumour as I wanted to see what Peter was going to say. Ultimately, I got a useless comment from Black Swan who has no idea about the issue.

I posted on CMC thread that they laid off some people in marketing and sales and said it was a rumour as I wanted to see what Peter was going to say. Ultimately, I got a useless comment from Black Swan who has no idea about the issue.

Yeah that's you all over that is; mincing around these forums busily creating snidey little 5hithouse rumours, that you can't back up, in order to get a rise out of someone who has created 500+ jobs and donated fortunes to charity..you sad prick.

Yeah that's you all over that is; mincing around these forums busily creating snidey little 5hithouse rumours, that you can't back up, in order to get a rise out of someone who has created 500+ jobs and donated fortunes to charity..you sad prick.

Why don't you ask Peter about the rumour? It's a fact.
If you have nothing else to do, could you please refrain from commenting on my posts. You have nothing to add anyway.

If you have nothing else to do, could you please refrain from commenting on my posts. You have nothing to add anyway.

If next gen is as good as CMC believe, all the marketing and sales staff will be superfluous.:)

You admitted you created a rumour in order to see what reaction you'd get..You have no idea what re-organisation CMC have gone through or are going through, you just thought you'd use a snippet of info. and dissemble. It was a cheap shot but that's you all over, trying to bait. You think an organisation part owned by Goldman Sachs cannot move forward, achieve, create valuable international jobs?

Look at the nonsense you posted up the other day wrt receiving e-mail, all you have to do is click the unsubscribe button having registered, but no that's not good enough for you, you have to make an issue out of nothing and suggest CMC are pestering you with junk mail which is absolute bo11ox and you know it. Nothing to add? Yeah that's right, you haven't so give it up and move on..