Not buying «the big short» (more «pipcorn» anyone?)

gambi

NOT BUYING «THE BIG SHORT» (MORE «PIPCORN» ANYONE?) by Optionsignalerscom

The critics adore it.
The moviegoers love it (I think).
For what it’s worth , here’s my opinion:

THOSE
SCRIPTWRITERS
ARE
SICK

Or should I say «campaign managers» .For what is this movie if not a worldwide promotional campaign. Romanticizing ,«whitelisting» if you like, wall street’s predatory practices and the CDO’ s that go with them in the average joe’ s mind.
And a brilliant ,twisted way they go about it. Remember the rating agency scene?

«Doesn’t mean I am not right»
«Yes but it makes you look like a hypocrite»

In just two phrases this is exactly what is wrong with the film. Those devious *******s Adam Mckay (he directs as well) and Charles Randolph , I think they left for us little easter eggs ,«breadcrumbs» to the horrific truth underneath all the smoke and mirrors.The audacity of it ,the cockiness ,the crisis of conscience? Characters even turn to the camera to correct story inaccuracies (if that doesn’t compel you to totally buy the «accuracy» of the script,then tell me what does.)
For once what an appropriate nomination for the Golden Globe and BAFTA awards for best screenplay. Add to the mix the bold narrative , surreal montage and «poisonous» dialogue and this is like watching a jazz player in fervor.

So yes ,thanks to this movie , my romantic belief about pens and swords is once again affirmed.But please not these kind of pens.If this is what the world is up against ,boy am I scared. These are dangerous minds.These are individuals who with a few well chosen words can subdue millions ,halt authorities ,even control nations.

But lest we forget these are dangerous times. Creative genius is exactly what the system needs right now . Creative genius is exactly what top money can buy. Creative genius is the only force in the universe that can portray how Wall Sreet has a conscience while flushing everyone else down the toilet. How its onscreen «white knights» / «rebels»/ «outsiders», are NOT in fact its strictest enforcers doing exactly what any «hardcore» golden boy would do: Profit on how fast the Titanic will sink right beneath his feet. It takes creative genius to make us empathizers of how you can play the stupidest ,dirtiest game in clear conscience but NOT of how we ended up in this mess namely by allowing financiers to make a bet out of anything -everyone under the sun really. Thank God these «smart» traders didn’ t invent a bet on the annual number of euthanasias. No doubt we ‘d soon be watching movies about murder rates going up and the «smart people» making millions off the bloodbath ,bitchin’ about it too.

Or are we already watching that?

So will you exit the theatre dumber? No. You will come out of the theatre dumber and wiser at the same time. Yes that can happen too especially if you get captured in the workings of a higher intellect (after all people are still speculating if Mona Lisa is actually smiling).Make no mistake about it ,some major whistleblowing is happening on the big screen.You may even think that the big studios are now your friends.
No the studios are definitely not your friend.Mr Gossling didn’t do this for free…..

So why expose it all? And why now for pete’s sake?

Here is another bitter «breadcrumb» from another scene in the movie:

«I don’t get it. Why are they confessing?»
«They are not confessing»
«They are bragging»

P.S. Oh and the coup de grace : Selena Gomez as her glorious self casually easing us into our doomed future. F…k you very much Hollywood!(Selena you are hot!)