NinjaTrader... Yay or nay?

Nowler

Sep 13, 2017
Hey folks,
My current spread betting broker has put me over the edge, so it's time for me to move on. I would like to move away from spread betting and into Futures.

A "Sales Associate" from NinjaTrader got back to me again today after speaking with them about 2 months ago (I had told them I needed some time to learn the ropes before I could even consider committing to them).

Since his timing was perfect, I am considering NinjaTrader as my Futures broker. So any input/opinions would be appreciated.
Perhaps you would recommend another broker to me?

I have attached a screenshot of NinjaTraders advertised commission rates.
The guy would contacted me reckons " We are generally quite a bit less expensive as far as our per contract cost"

Do you know a Futures broker (no market makers) who is cheaper and has a minimum deposit of say...€1000 or so

I am limited in my available capital, so I will likely be in the 95c per contract category

Attachments

Last edited:

f2calv

May 18, 2014
Unless you can code (or seriously wish to learn programming) I'm not sure NT as a. Brokerage is anything special.
What exactly do you mean by your current broker putting you over the edge...?

Nowler

Sep 13, 2017
Unless you can code (or seriously wish to learn programming) I'm not sure NT as a. Brokerage is anything special.
Thanks for the input mate.
I do actually intend to learn programming (Python) at some point, but, that will be a while away yet. So NT gets bonus points because of it's programming facilities?

Does it lose points in any area?
Are you using them yourself?

Ah I am being a bit dramatic.
They are annoying me due to settings on my platform disappearing every 2 months or so. It's kind of annoying having to reset them, and it's a bit concerning that they cannot sort this out but yet are able to flawlessly manage my money?

Their Autochartist feature has been screwy for me for a while without being fixed and their speed at responding to issues is slow. Apart from their low min. deposit, there are no above average aspects.

Nowler

Sep 13, 2017
NOTE: I have updated my first post with two addition screenshots of cost breakdown

Kaeso

Oct 4, 2015
Hey folks,
My current spread betting broker has put me over the edge, so it's time for me to move on. I would like to move away from spread betting and into Futures.

A "Sales Associate" from NinjaTrader got back to me again today after speaking with them about 2 months ago (I had told them I needed some time to learn the ropes before I could even consider committing to them).

Since his timing was perfect, I am considering NinjaTrader as my Futures broker. So any input/opinions would be appreciated.
Perhaps you would recommend another broker to me?

I have attached a screenshot of NinjaTraders advertised commission rates.
The guy would contacted me reckons " We are generally quite a bit less expensive as far as our per contract cost"

Do you know a Futures broker (no market makers) who is cheaper and has a minimum deposit of say...€1000 or so

I am limited in my available capital, so I will likely be in the 95c per contract category
do you know the minimum position sizes of the futures contracts you want to trade? futures is a big jump in size from your micro isn't it?

Nowler

Sep 13, 2017
do you know the minimum position sizes of the futures contracts you want to trade? futures is a big jump in size from your micro isn't it?
Huge jump!

I would actually like a bit of help working this out, if someone wants to help.

Nowler

Sep 13, 2017
Actually...NinjaTrader is American...
Wont I get screwed on the Pattern Day Trade Rule?
25k min account

Nowler

Sep 13, 2017
May I should go with CFD's as opposed to Futures?
I just want to try something else other than spread betting

I need to familiarise myself with the difference between SB and CFD's... as far as I can see, they are very similar

Kaeso

Oct 4, 2015