Nikkei 225 BELOW !!! Dow Jones

my "long equities" is not so much a technical view...

1) I am bearish on Bonds

2) It's clear this is panic. The Big Guns in the UK and US can see that. IMO, there will be concerted buying by big money in order to stem the tide, and bring a little calm back into the markets - we cant keep having falls in Asia -> Europe -> US ad infinitum (well, we can, but IMO there will be some Old boys around that can see someone has to step in). Ergo, Big money to buy into equities, with the aim being to reverse losses in the US before the close.

I totally agree ... but I want to SEE it ... who tells you, that there is somebody with money left? :eek:

Indecision, indecision.

Austria appears to have closed its exchange also, along with Italy like Carlos said.

Wonder what key central bankers / finance ministers are up to right now...

Indecision, indecision.

Austria appears to have closed its exchange also, along with Italy like Carlos said.

Wonder what key central bankers / finance ministers are up to right now...

A nasty short lock in I would guess :eek:

then a huge gap up = breakaway and tears all round for those forced to close out

what would be the worst time to announce it ?

Andy

Last edited:
This could have been the shakeout ... small long ... risking half of today's profits ... want to see tody's open price ... FDAX it is ... if not ... done for today ... :)

I have to say - if bonds that are seen as a flight to quality, cannot get a bid when the equities are collapsing, it is time to sell. Forget the equities for today and sell the Bund.

I have to say - if bonds that are seen as a flight to quality, cannot get a bid when the equities are collapsing, it is time to sell. Forget the equities for today and sell the Bund.

Seems to be a CASH problem ... they just have to sell EVERYTHING :eek:

This could have been the shakeout ... small long ... risking half of today's profits ... want to see tody's open price ... FDAX it is ... if not ... done for today ... :)

Sold ... I am sidelined now ...(y)

Enough dough for a day, others bleed ... :innocent:

MONSTERTRADE for YOU :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

EXTREMELY WELL DONE! (y)(y)(y)

Just red in the telegraph that Lewis bloke baught a stake in Mitchells and Butler earlier this week

Just red in the telegraph that Lewis bloke baught a stake in Mitchells and Butler earlier this week

I totally understand that ... I would like to get drunk as well if I would have thrown a billion out of the window :LOL:

my Second speculation on the Day is that the Dollar will strengthen later on: If the unwinding of the Bund is anything to go by, the only thing running through Dealers minds is "cash is king" - so we might see some repatriation of funds back into the US.

As before, don't take any notice of me. You still in your FGBL trade TD?

RUSSIA is said to RAISE FUNDS ... as it wants to start buying russian equities next week ...

So is RUSSIA the SELLER of BUNDS??? ;)

Hey well done Tom on the BUND and Carlos on the DAX !!!

Nice one for Lewis buying pubs, haha, but then He's still got 2 billion left what, so he can have his cake AND eat it, ie buy his pubs AND get drunk there thinking of his other Billion.

:LOL:

my Second speculation on the Day is that the Dollar will strengthen later on: If the unwinding of the Bund is anything to go by, the only thing running through Dealers minds is "cash is king" - so we might see some repatriation of funds back into the US.

As before, don't take any notice of me. You still in your FGBL trade TD?

Yes. Got some more in at 11608 and took it out at 11555.

Still running the original position from 11638 and targetting 11510. I'll make a decision whether to sell more or cut it, if it gets there.

Stops at 11570.