News affecting the ftse

jaygo

hi all. Ive been trading the ftse latley small amounts just developing my trading plan but i have been stung a couple of times due to massive movements and big gaps caused by news i figure. Just want to know maybe the two or three biggest news releases that move that ftse. I dont want to start adapting my system to the news to much becuase theres so many factors and it will just end up in a mess, just dont want to be in a trade when theres a major news release in 5 mins. cheers

ar a few fri april 11th, dropped 100 points in about an hour. Tues march 11th ftse rallied 100 points in a hour and a half.

These were before the dow opened and well i just assumed that they were caused by news releases? or maybe they just happen every so often for reasons unknown? i dunno.

ok thanks

What do you mean "ok thanks"?? That's it? You've written in your notebook - "Don't have any open positions going into the news"?

You clearly don't understand enough to have a position open at any time. I think you are being reckless. Take my advice and avoid losing good money after bad like I had to before I understood what trading is and is not. Trading is a bitter nasty game. A relentless war for profits, a gladiatorial arena where only the fittest survive. DON'T THINK NEWS FREE DAYS ARE SAFE!!!

You have been warned.

What do you mean "ok thanks"?? That's it? You've written in your notebook - "Don't have any open positions going into the news"?

You clearly don't understand enough to have a position open at any time. I think you are being reckless. Take my advice and avoid losing good money after bad like I had to before I understood what trading is and is not. Trading is a bitter nasty game. A relentless war for profits, a gladiatorial arena where only the fittest survive. DON'T THINK NEWS FREE DAYS ARE SAFE!!!

You have been warned.

yes very true im still learning and will be for years to come. Im not trading at the moment, and wont be for a while yet till i have a proven system thats been back tested and used in a demo account.

hi jaygo - don't knock yourself out trying to anticipate, analyse and react to all news - there's just too much, and unexpected things happen anyway: the market will sometimes react contrary to what we amateurs would expect.

There are many ways to win this game but the only way to lose is to get wiped out. Develop rules that will limit your losses when the unexpected comes along: this should keep you in the game long enough to develop a system to win it.