Newbie ALERT

• Welcome to the newest version of Trade2Win! We're running on the latest version of, what we consider to be, the best forum software available today. Our aim was to keep things as familiar as possible but focus on improving speed, security and usability. We hope you like the result! Please post your questions, comments, suggestions and feedback in the What's New and Feedback Thread - Sharky.
Jul 21, 2017
Hey everyone
I'm 22/23 and I soon will get some money to start building my portfolio. I want to invest 10k in my trading account and I am a little confused of about how much I can make.
Let's say I invest the whole 10k into apple stocks and the apple share goes up by 4% after a week. If I sell it then would it mean I made 4% profit????
Of course (minus tax, broker fees)

Quantt

Jul 23, 2017
Yep, your calculations are correct also if the stock tanks 10% on disappointing iPhone sales, you'll loose 10%... My advice is do not trade if you don't have a plan...

Jul 5, 2017
If all act rationally, traders will stop making money. After all, the lion's part of the profit is received by the trader because of errors of other bidders.