New Year Resolutions

I could go on but "calm and zen like" does not describe some very successful traders I know.

Being a successful trader that rants does not mean that there are not successful traders who are "calm and zen like" to use your words. There is also a big difference in trading a $30M account to that of most retail traders. In my view it cannot be a bad attribute to be calm and unemotional when trading. I have seen many people lose much more than they would have done if they had not had an emotional attachment to a trade they were taking.

Although there is clearly potential emotion in trading other people's money on an investment bank trading desk, home traders tend to be more emotional as the money is their own.
We can talk in generalities and there are always plenty of exceptions since people vary enormously in how they deal with situations. A first responder paramedic arriving at a road traffic accident where people are trapped in burning cars might feel nothing, but most do feel emotion. They just get on with their job and deal with the situation logically and sensibly, ignoring what they feel.
Trading successfully is, imho, about doing the job and ignoring any emotion you might feel.

Being a successful trader that rants does not mean that there are not successful traders who are "calm and zen like" to use your words. There is also a big difference in trading a $30M account to that of most retail traders. In my view it cannot be a bad attribute to be calm and unemotional when trading. I have seen many people lose much more than they would have done if they had not had an emotional attachment to a trade they were taking.

I didn't say it was a bad attribute.

I merely stated it was a myth that it was a necessary attribute.