New Year New Plan

robertdaley

68 6
I will trade 3 types of daily signals, including pin bars.
I will trade predominantly with the short to medium term trend.
I will risk about 100 pounds per trade.
I will aim for 1:1 risk reward in the beginning, then move up from there as the account grows.
I will usually wait for confirmation of the signal before entering, i.e. let the market show me its hand.

Trade 1 Nzdusd Hoping to enter long at around .8260
Stop at .8170 (90 pips)
Targeting .8350 (90 pips)

Can't post a chart for various reasons, but here's a link to one
NetDania Charts | Forex Charts from DailyFX | DailyFX

robertdaley

68 6
Trade 1

I have just entered long on Nzdusd from 8264, stop at 8174, target at 8354.

Update: price has moved north to 8313 in the first two hours of trading.

Last edited:

robertdaley

68 6
My target was hit soon after this.

Total profit for the month: 90 pounds (1 trade taken) :clap:

The reason I took this trade was because the medium term trend was long, as determined by the last 4 months on the daily chart. There was a price action signal on support @ .8200 which was subsequently confirmed when price closed above the pin bar high. This told me price was headed long. It has shot up today, I managed to grab 90 pips but there might be more on the table.

robertdaley

68 6
Trade 2 Eurusd short 13210. Stop 13310.

Price has formed a daily countertrend pin bar. Price has already fallen to 13130 without triggering my sell limit. If price closes below the pin bar, I will sell on a retracement to the nose of the pin (13150) and use a 100 pip stop.

robertdaley

68 6
Trade 3 Long on gasoline from 2.832 Stop 2.765.

The daily has a confirmed signal and is also showing a trend reversal pattern. First resistance is at 2.900, which is 1:1 RR. I think I will trail a stop on commodities. I'm only risking 67 pounds here.

robertdaley

68 6
why dun u risk X% of your account?

woo u trade gas also

I should risk a percentage of my account, but I'm happy to risk a set amount of somewhere in the region of £100 per trade. That's what I'm comfortable with, and to be honest, I'm only starting off with a very small amount this time, where 2, 3 or even 5% would be negligible, the first few trades have to be winners. I am trading very conservatively so I have confidence. We shall see though.

robertdaley

68 6
I went long off the long silver bullish daily pin bar 3 days back (29.90, stop 29.15). I exited with 26 pips profit (£26) after reconsidering the set-up. I realised I wasn't trading with the trend.

I also went long on crude oil based on the bullish daily pin bar 3 days back. But price false broke at resistance at 93.80 and I decided to exit with an 80 pips (£80) loss. If price closes at or above 93.80, I will look to go long again.

I lost 40 pips (£40) on my gasoline trade when in hindsight I realised the medium term trend was down and I was likely buying at a swing high.

So that's two trades I changed my mind on, because I didn't trade witht the medium term trend. This shows a lack of discipline. I must work on this.

Last edited:

robertdaley

68 6
I went long on AUDCAD on close of the daily candle, there was an inside pin. I entered at market, risked 109 pips and am targeting 190 pips. I am currently up 66 pips (£). I have changed my plan to target near to 1:2 RR. I have to believe my set-ups are good enough to move significantly in the desired direction and 1:1 RR requires a win rate of more than 50%, which is difficult if you are lacking that extra bit of discipline.

robertdaley

68 6
Looking to go long on crude oil today, based on a daily pin a few days back. First it must break through resistance at 93.80 on my metatrader chart.

tomorton

Legendary member
8,418 1,343
Good luck with this robertdaley.

As a free tip (which I have not seen elsewhere) I would suggest entering a limit order to close your trade which is initially way beyond your normal R:R - occasionally price moves dramatically in your direction if you really have identified a good entry signal and it's good to let it have the opportunity to run immediately after entry: later you can pull the limit order back to normal parameters.

e.g. If your R:R is intended to be 1:2, put your stop at -100, but initially put your limit order at +800. Occasionally you will find the market is moving on a similar entry signal to yourself and price goes briefly way beyond your target. Later in the session, pull back to +200 as normal.

If you leave entry orders in the market whilst away from the screen, you might do likewise. I have occasionally caught price spikes on unexpected good news affecting individual stocks this way.

robertdaley

68 6
AUDCAD was up to 1:1RR at one stage, but I made a loss of £26.

5 trades -£30.

Crude oil is looking promising with another daily pin bar today. Price came close to my stop, but my set and forget strategy came good.

I have sold a daily pin bar on heating oil, aiming to make £120.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock