New Version of the Arcade Competition

Sharky

Staff
In the next day or two, we're intending to roll out a new version of the arcade competition with extra features and *lots* of new games.

The downside is that although most, if not all, the existing games will remain, we'll lose all the high scores. Unfortunately it's not going to be possible to convert the scores over.

Hopefully this won't cause you too much trauma, and will give new members a chance of getting a top score.

A day or two has passed. It still looks the same and there's no new games.

Any update as to when it'll all happen?

Cheers,

Edster

Yes I was a wee bit optimistic on the date - definitely would hope to have the new system in place before end of next week, hopefully sooner.

Who's playin' games???

Hello, All-

I'm new to this site and I think I like it already. This is my first day (or actually night, because it's 23:30) visiting these forums, and I was wondering what types of games are played and how do you "keep score"?

Just wanted to know! Thanks for your replies!

Now, let's go get this money! :cool:

Welcome Quickness, we've now installed the planned updates to the arcade - and in the next day or two will be adding quite a few new games. In the meantime we've got one new game for your enjoyment called "Moon Lander" - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/index.php?act=Arcade&module=favorites&gameid=9

All the scores have been reset - so if you ever fancied getting crowning glory in the arcade, now's your best chance!

Hopefully these games won't prove too much of a distraction from your trading. :devilish:

Okay, chopper challenge added too :D

Now I really do need to do some work...

:)

Nice one Sharky!

Well, all of these new games will keep me amused at work over the weekend!

:cool:

Is that Mini Golf game set up correctly? You have to take as many shots as you can?!

Who's got the most time to waste?!

Champions

Blimey O'Riley thats an impressive list Mr Champion of champions.
Just sneeking off with the Mini-golf title if you don't mind (all thumbs you see) anyway for a short while.

I've got 4 boring nights worth of 'work' to do starting tonight so I'll try and beat it.

:devilish:

FetteredChinos said:
easy tiger!

how on earth did you get so many on "wear the shirt" ???!!!

Perseverance, aiming for the corners and trying not to smash the computer to pieces when you miss the last penalty!

Edster said:
Perseverance, aiming for the corners and trying not to smash the computer to pieces when you miss the last penalty!

I want to know how you got such a high score on 'Word Up'. Krazy.

james6848 said:
I want to know how you got such a high score on 'Word Up'. Krazy.

Erm, type fast and get lucky on the last round. I think that I got beginning and ending in 'D' - 1500 points per work think.

Any tips on getting 200+ on Minecar?

Edster said:
Erm, type fast and get lucky on the last round. I think that I got beginning and ending in 'D' - 1500 points per work think.

Any tips on getting 200+ on Minecar?

The only thing that helped me was knowing that the balance bar always moves in the direction of the turns when you make one. This means you can compensate by moving the bar in the opposite direction just beforehand.

Just before you come back out onto the straight, the bar will move again in the SAME direction as before (if I remember rightly), so you can compensate for that as well.

Still gets too fast for me though.

Don't know if I explained that clearly - need coffee.