New Arcade - What Do You Think?

Edster

I was just wondering what everyone thought of the new arcade. Do you like the new games?

I think it's a pretty good mix although some seem to be based on 'who's got the most time to waste' i.e. Mini Golf (must surely be set up incorrectly!), Space Invaders and Breakout.

I managed to have a good crack at all of them over the weekend. No, I'm not THAT sad because I was bored at work and was getting paid at the time.

The one thing that I'd like to see (but It's probably not possible) is multiple goes before having to submit. It's a pain having to submit your score after every go and then have to go back into the game again - especially Power Drive as it's 'two clicks and it's over'.

Favourites so far are Zoo Keeper and Minecart Mayhem. A bit disappointed with the new Chopper Challenge but I'll get used to it.

Edster

I think I need to make a few tweaks - for a start by removing the champions list from underneath your name - you're ruining my meticulously designed look 'n feel! :devilish:

I wasn't sure whether the chopper challenge was the right one - it had the right name, but I thought the gfx looked a lot better, sadly that didn't follow through to the gamepaly.. I'll see what I can do.

Will try and sort out the scoring on Mini-Golf, otherwise will have to find a new one to replace it. Also I'll probably add a few more games this week, if there are any that are really dreadful, let me know and I'll pull them.

With regards the score submission, it's determined by the flash game - sometimes you can choose to submit, but others you can't - unfortunately there's no way around it.

Last edited:
Don't worry, my champions list is dwindling by the hour.

:cry:

No dreadful games in my opinion but the more added the merrier.
It'll certainly pass my 4 night shifts next week.

:)

hi Edster,

great, and unfortunately addictive, idea.
I can play SpaceInvaders on my works machine (!!!!), but not on my home PC. are there any settings I need to be aware of? ( I have ActiveX controls at high security, and have pop-up blocker )

PS: when playing at work, I cant find a PAUSE button, just in case I am expected to look as if I am busy.

Yeah, no pause on Breakout either so when I was trying to regain my crown (takes about 30 minutes on the current score) and I got a phone call half way through I had to abandon it.

Bummer.

Sharky said:
Also I'll probably add a few more games this week, if there are any that are really dreadful, let me know and I'll pull them.

Any news on the new games yet Sharky? I start my night shifts on Monday and could do with some new ones to keep me amused.

There was a great igloo building game on iglu.com a year or so ago but it seems to have gone now. Shame as it would have been good on here.

Edster

Edster, You were getting a little close to my snake high score, hopefully I have made it a little tougher now :)

adrianallen99 said:
Edster, You were getting a little close to my snake high score, hopefully I have made it a little tougher now :)

I've always been cr@p at Snake. Took me a while to get close to 3k. I got RSI in my hand. MInd you, the hour spent trying to get the Skiing hi-score back knackered it up as well.

:(

I've been checking out a few other forum's arcades. They all look the same as this one but have different games on them. Are they all run by the same people? (I just put "arcade.php" into google and took it from there)

Anyway, the others make our 22 games look a bit low.

http://www.teenfront.co.uk/forum/arade.php has 111 games
http://brawl-hall.com/forum/arcade.php has a whopping 406 games! Alot of them aren't really suitable for most sites as they contain nudity etc.
Other arcades have three digit amounts too but some require 25 posts to take part.

Can we pick some of these (non-rude) games to add to this site?
On the teenfront site I thought that the Frisbee Throwing and Balloon Park were pretty good. Haven't checked the other one out yet but I've got a long, boring night ahead of me...

Maybe if we got up to around 50 or so games?

Edster

Edster said:
I've been checking out a few other forum's arcades. They all look the same as this one but have different games on them. Are they all run by the same people? (I just put "arcade.php" into google and took it from there)

Anyway, the others make our 22 games look a bit low.

http://www.teenfront.co.uk/forum/arade.php has 111 games
http://brawl-hall.com/forum/arcade.php has a whopping 406 games! Alot of them aren't really suitable for most sites as they contain nudity etc.
Other arcades have three digit amounts too but some require 25 posts to take part.

Can we pick some of these (non-rude) games to add to this site?
On the teenfront site I thought that the Frisbee Throwing and Balloon Park were pretty good. Haven't checked the other one out yet but I've got a long, boring night ahead of me...

Maybe if we got up to around 50 or so games?

Edster

I second that motion!

adrianallen99 said:
Of course if Edster became the champ of all of them it would really mess up his posts :)

Doubtful...

Depends how much time I have to waste on night shifts and weekend shifts.

:)

Sharky's gone a bit quiet...

Not really. Either my PC is too quick or I'm outclassed! Anywhere near 170 and I can't keep up.

Edster said:
Not really. Either my PC is too quick or I'm outclassed! Anywhere near 170 and I can't keep up.

It's those damn green arrows, the required reaction times just become impossibly fast.

You reckon the others are playing on 386's then? :LOL:

james6848 said:
It's those damn green arrows, the required reaction times just become impossibly fast.

You reckon the others are playing on 386's then? :LOL:

Maybe ZX Spectrums?

:LOL: