new user

mmaire

Hi there,
Actually, I thought "sticky" was your user name (which would be a pretty cool one, haha).
My name is mike (mmaire), and I just stumbled on this forum doing a search for the pattern day trader regs: it has been a while since I've had to worry about these crazy and counter productive impositions on one's trading.
Around Oct 1st, my online broker's "high end" platform was freezing up so frequently during that crazy last 15 minute period of volatility, I was unable to exit my end of day positions. Consequently, I became trapped in the market as it fell like a rock. It took a month to finally recoup at least some of my account value. Also, I realized that Scottrade Elite was suffering serious latency problems, sometimes by a good 40 seconds or so. Not a good thing! After lodging serious grievances, they finally admitted that their server farm was insufficient for this wave of volume of late. (I am currently opening an account with Tradestation).
Prior to that I had been doing pretty well scalping support in conjunction with MACD and Stochastic crossovers on the one minute chart. I learned a long time ago, at least for myself, to NEVER leave your money in over night. Now, alas, it looks like I may be forced to, but if I'm allowed 3 trades a week without receiving a sanction, I may just do that.
Anyway, thanks for the great forum and website, and keep your powder dry.

mmaire

I got cuaght doing that many times. If you leave a position in overnight when day trading you are gambling. Its all part of a long learning curve