New Trader. What is up with Tradenet and Meir Barak?

Doubtful

I was going to join Colmex this week but after doing my research and reading all these negative reviews about people not getting their money I’m having 2nd thoughts. I love their platform. But their commissions are high. $0.01/share per ticket. So for 1 trade of 5000 shares you’ll be paying $100 in comission. $50 for buying and $50 for selling. Which I think is a bit ridiculous. Does anyone know of any other brokers that have a similar platform to the Colmex one(with a level 2 especially) that are trustworthy and not based in Cyprus lol. I’m from the UK so a UK broker would be preferred.

Also on a side note, to the PR Team for Colmex, at least make your fake posts praising Colmex sounds somewhat believable

True. Does look a bit dodgy

I can't speak for the tradenet side of things, but colmex have been around for a decent while now, and I've not heard a great deal in the way of complaints if i'm honest. Only that their commissions are a little on the high side. When they first popped up, I dismised them as I imagined that they'd head for the sunset and disappear with everyones money , but that doesn't appear to be the case!
I've spoken to Mier before, and to be honest he seems like a pretty genuine guy from what my instincts tell me at least. He's certainly very transparent in his trading room which is very unusual in this industry!

I'm actually considering opening an account with them to trade CFD equities. I already have futures and spreadbet accounts, but want to try my hand at equities, but don't want to chuck the 25k required under the PDT rule at it, so the CFD route is tempting. I like their platform too.

On that note, does anyone here have a colmex account? What has your experience been like? Are there any platform fees? Any issues with withdrawing money or 'hidden' fees etc?

cheers

Wow what a thread designed as advertisement!

The whole thing looks exactly like Nonko trading, since the most novice traders will lose their money, they are being put on a simulator to trade while thinking they are trading for real and when they lost the money, bad luck... I bet their "education" was also designed for the new traders to lose everything...

Without audited record by a 3rd party this looks like one big scam + the fact of this gorilla advertisement campaign = stay away or you'll lose everything...

Thanks for the reply. Could you maybe suggest another broker for me to use? Ive been demo trading very successfully now for a while. I have about £2000($2300) and I want to start trading with real money. I just need to find a broker that won't screw me over

Wow what a thread designed as advertisement!

The whole thing looks exactly like Nonko trading, since the most novice traders will lose their money, they are being put on a simulator to trade while thinking they are trading for real and when they lost the money, bad luck... I bet their "education" was also designed for the new traders to lose everything...

Without audited record by a 3rd party this looks like one big scam + the fact of this gorilla advertisement campaign = stay away or you'll lose everything...

Thanks for the reply. Could you maybe suggest another broker for me to use? Ive been demo trading very successfully now for a while. I have about £2000($2300) and I want to start trading with real money. I just need to find a broker that won't screw me over

My advice is get a broker in your home country that is registered with the authorities, so you can get protection from your government... this is the best advice, maybe check interactive brokers for example...

Interactive Brokers are pretty good and have different commission programmes.