New To Spread Betting - Starting With £100

Hello cablemonster,

sounds good. have you made any trades yet?

Yes, I'm long on DAX30 since the beginning of the week and long on FTSE as well. I did not have the time to write them up on my blog yet but will do by the end of this week.

Regards,
SBC

If you can trade at £0.20pp with £100 pot...then you may have slight chance in achieving growing your equity, provided you have a 65% success rate approach?

As far as compounding concern, avoid daily compounding...aim for 2 weeks or monthly compounding.

Good luck!

P.S. avoid being a scalper....You wont see £100 by end of the week.

Hello cablemonster,

Yes, I'm long on DAX30 since the beginning of the week and long on FTSE as well. I did not have the time to write them up on my blog yet but will do by the end of this week.

Regards,
SBC

Wow, you have winners already. 50k is possible in 2 months instead of 3.

Hello cablemonster,

Regards,
SBC

so we are not going to see any live trading then? live updates of your trading in this thread, or via your site, twitter or facebook would be good?

what was your entry on the dax & ftse? and what were your reasons for going long?

thanks

Yes we don't want to see any retrospective trades. You need to make live calls as and when you make the trades. Saying you've been long since the start of the week - anyone can do that.

We see an awful lot of scammers and systems sellers on here pretending to be "starting out" so forgive us if we seem a little pessimistic at the moment.

Yes we don't want to see any retrospective trades.

That might be difficult because people might copy the trades. The OP is not here for that. In any case, the OP will probably be able to get a guy from the SB shop to confirm the trades. So, everything will be trustworthy and legit.

Hello cablemonster,

Regards,
SBC

that's fine just post up the entries from your SB platform, then we can see when/where you entered.

Hello Lightning McQueen,

so we are not going to see any live trading then? live updates of your trading in this thread, or via your site, twitter or facebook would be good?

Yes I will be posting my entries as they happen (twitter and here, and the ellaborate posts will be blogged). I just did not do it this week as I just started spread betting this Monday.

what was your entry on the dax & ftse?
DAX 7862.6
DAX 7892.5
FTSE 6438.4

and what were your reasons for going long?thanks
The prices got hit as per the trading plan. I am using the Turtles breakout strategy.

Regards,
SBC

Hello Hoggums,

Yes we don't want to see any retrospective trades. You need to make live calls as and when you make the trades. Saying you've been long since the start of the week - anyone can do that.

I agree. This makes sense so I will be announcing my entries via twitter and here as they get triggered.

Regards,
SBC

Hello Beginner Joe,

That might be difficult because people might copy the trades. The OP is not here for that. In any case, the OP will probably be able to get a guy from the SB shop to confirm the trades. So, everything will be trustworthy and legit.

Forgive my ignorance but what do OP and SB mean?

Regards,
SBC

Nice to see all the usual suspects in this gang bang

good luck with the trades

I reckon you wont last a week or your trades will be late. I hope I am wrong

Hello 10pips,

If you can trade at £0.20pp with £100 pot...then you may have slight chance in achieving growing your equity, provided you have a 65% success rate approach?

I don't know yet and I will get the full picture of my "success rate" after completing my 100th trade. I still have 97 to go.

P.S. avoid being a scalper....You wont see £100 by end of the week.

I'm not one for scalping as I hate being glued to the screens.

Regards,
SBC

Hello BeginnerJoe,

Wow, you have winners already. 50k is possible in 2 months instead of 3.

50k in 60 days is roughly £800 profit per day which is 800% daily ROI from my initial opening balance. That means I will have to earn £800 every day and not lose a single trade :LOL:

I'll be interested to understand the mathematics behind your logic :rolleyes:.

Regards,
SBC

Hello Lightning McQueen,

Yes I will be posting my entries as they happen (twitter and here, and the ellaborate posts will be blogged). I just did not do it this week as I just started spread betting this Monday.

DAX 7862.6
DAX 7892.5
FTSE 6438.4

The prices got hit as per the trading plan. I am using the Turtles breakout strategy.

Regards,
SBC

i think you can consider yourself lucky you didn't start this in february, i see 2 false signals to the long side and no short signals for ftse. dax would have had no longs and a couple of false shorts. i couldn't be bothered to bar count to 55, so it could have been better or much worse than that.

good luck for march (y)

Last edited:
this is the same guy who was going to take 300 to £100,000 or something stupid like that. Trading the DAX, and FTSE and one other, cant remember. same old sh1t tho

This forum is full of borderline insane individuals, but no-one in their right mind would ever go to the lengths of creating a website, twitter feed and blog for a £100 account so I'm sure you can understand the scepticism. You're either on someone's payroll, have an alternative agenda or are completely mental. A troubling trio of choices. I was also curious as why David Jones is following you (does that twitter-tart follow anyone who RTs him?) and what your relationship to old Vince is? His piece on bullbearings (08 Mar 13) seems very timely given your current quest.

I look forward to reading your article in CityAM ;)

"The ratio of men to women is still around 85% in favour of men so there’s still some way to go to reach equality but it’s far more common to see female traders and I encourage more women to take up trading."

I love financial journalism... absolutely no sources required to back up qualitative horsesh*t. God I hate my own industry.

This forum is full of borderline insane individuals, but no-one in their right mind would ever go to the lengths of creating a website, twitter feed and blog for a £100 account so I'm sure you can understand the scepticism. You're either on someone's payroll, have an alternative agenda or are completely mental. A troubling trio of choices. I was also curious as why David Jones is following you (does that twitter-tart follow anyone who RTs him?) and what your relationship to old Vince is? His piece on bullbearings (08 Mar 13) seems very timely given your current quest.

"The ratio of men to women is still around 85% in favour of men so there’s still some way to go to reach equality but it’s far more common to see female traders and I encourage more women to take up trading."

I love financial journalism... absolutely no sources required to back up qualitative horsesh*t. God I hate my own industry.

you forgot mention of anna coulling, i'm sure she has a t2w past also? maybe not i forget easily :LOL:

Hello random12345,

This forum is full of borderline insane individuals,
I noticed.

but no-one in their right mind would ever go to the lengths of creating a website, twitter feed and blog for a £100 account
Why not? It's not hard to set up those 3.

so I'm sure you can understand the scepticism.
Yes I do indeed and I have mentioned this in one of my previous posts also.

You're either on someone's payroll,
Yes I am thankfully. Trading is not my full-time job.

have an alternative agenda
Apart from earning extra money through trading? Not really.

or are completely mental.
That is always subjective so you can go make up your own conclusions.

I was also curious as why David Jones is following you (does that twitter-tart follow anyone who RTs him?)
I just checked my twitter and indeed, David Jones is following me. I'm not sure why though as I do not know him. I do follow IG Index on twitter so maybe that's related.

and what your relationship to old Vince is?
None. I just read one of his articles on bullbearings and decided to follow a fellow trader.

His piece on bullbearings (08 Mar 13) seems very timely given your current quest.
You do realize that 08 March 2013 was the International Women's Day? It may be related to that?

I just googled CityAM. Appears to be related to IG Index which is my broker. Thanks for the tip, I haven't really thought about writing an article for magazines (as there is really not much to write about yet to begin with, lol! :LOL:)

Which one is it then?

Regards,
SBC