New to doing it right trading. That make sense?

luckylogger

Currently recuperating from five way heart bypass surgery in late November of 2018. Have started back to work driving dump truck for my sons excavation business on California's most destructive wild fire known as The Camp Fire in Paradise Ca.. If the 15 hour days don't finish me off then maybe I'm strong hearted enough and hard headed enough to do day trading the correct way. Have purchased Mr. Walshe's books and am actually studying and digesting the information available. Looking forward to reading stories and ideas and suggestions on this forum. Still have a good deal of reading and researching and paper trading to do but am excited to be allowed to rub elbows with such a diverse group of traders. I only work three days a week so it will leave me time for my studies. Thank you ladies and gentlemen and let the Bulls and the Bears free to do what they do best.

hey Lucky - and welcome to what is a decent forum with some good hearted people around all happy to help

spend time looking around the site ........you have to get a feel for :-

what markets you want to trade
what timeframes you like
how much money you have to invest

dont buy anything regarding training or systems ......99% of them are rubbish ...its all about teaching yourself

im happy top offer any advice if yuo want some .....my main expertise is Forex but ive also traded most other markets since the 1980s and was a professional gambler in the 70's ....

take it easy ........and dont overstress ......youve been through a lot already !

N

hey Lucky - and welcome to what is a decent forum with some good hearted people around all happy to help

spend time looking around the site ........you have to get a feel for :-

what markets you want to trade
what timeframes you like
how much money you have to invest

dont buy anything regarding training or systems ......99% of them are rubbish ...its all about teaching yourself

im happy top offer any advice if yuo want some .....my main expertise is Forex but ive also traded most other markets since the 1980s and was a professional gambler in the 70's ....

take it easy ........and dont overstress ......youve been through a lot already !

N
Thank you N. Yes I've discovered quite a few piles of rubbish in doing my research and I appreciate any and all help you and the other more experienced traders can offer. Looking forward to getting my feet wet but now being wise enough, I hope, to take this good advice and make as few mistakes as possible.

hey LL

mistakes will be made ....we all scrape our knees in this game ....but preserve capital to make those mistakes just scrapes and not major injuries !

just read , read , read and research ........plus hit a few of the classic books as well ....theres threads here that offer up some great lists .....

always happy to give advice on forex if/when you get there............heres something i posted a few years back ....still holds pretty good

N

Last edited:
Welcome, lucky. Read all you can read here and not only here. Ask questions and you`ll be answered. Then test yourself in demo trading. And remember to do not risk what you cant afford to lose. Good luck.