New T2W Competition

could you check my trades in the comp,pls.before the fun & games at the weekend i was long the dollar across the board but trade history shows i have only had 1 trade closed, which is correct.
:confused:
total trades 5,the olny price i can remember was usd/yen 120.15

Last edited:
Sorry for delay in replying. We cancelled all trades that took place over that weekend. So perhaps that explains what happened? If not, let me know and we'll take another look.

The forex competition will end tonight and a new one begins tomorrow. We're going to update it so that every player has a new monthly balance, this is the one that will get reset at the end of each month. The overall balance will continue indefinitely, but the leaderboard will be based on monthly totals.

What this mean in practice at midnight on the last day of each month:

1. All open trades remain open at the end of each month. No changes are made there.
2. We record what your overall balance is and reset your monthly balance to zero.

The leaderboard shows the monthly balance, while your portfolio shows monthly and overall balance.

If this still sounds a bit confusing, hopefully all shall be made clear tonight, once we rolloever to June.

With regards prizes for the competition - we're still negotiating some great prizes. In the meantime the winner for this month will get a T2W polo-shirt. What more could you ask for?! :D

Sorry for delay in replying. We cancelled all trades that took place over that weekend. So perhaps that explains what happened? If not, let me know and we'll take another look.

before the mishaps at that famous w/e i had 4 open trades in which i was dollar long.thx
ps there could be an extra 50-100 pips involved because,i opened the same trades later at worse prices

Okay, thanks for the info. I think I'll leave it though as I've just checked the results and you ended the May comp with 478 pips, which is some 220 pips behind first place, so it wouldn't make a difference to the overall winner.

I dont understand the FX competition.

there are several traders with trades that are open from May.
If its a monthly comp, shouldnt all trades be closed out automatically at business close on last day of month?
(and perhaps re-opened on first day of new month, if applicable)

its skewing the leaderboard stats.
(not that I am playing)

there are some serious problems with the comp at the moment. Great for a week or two, then it goes haywire and all prices (totals) from then are suspect.

I have never rated the tenfore feed as any good.

Still needs a bit of work before it is worth giving it too much attention to.

The forex competition will end tonight and a new one begins tomorrow. We're going to update it so that every player has a new monthly balance, this is the one that will get reset at the end of each month. The overall balance will continue indefinitely, but the leaderboard will be based on monthly totals.

What this mean in practice at midnight on the last day of each month:

1. All open trades remain open at the end of each month. No changes are made there.
2. We record what your overall balance is and reset your monthly balance to zero.

The leaderboard shows the monthly balance, while your portfolio shows monthly and overall balance.

If this still sounds a bit confusing, hopefully all shall be made clear tonight, once we rolloever to June.

With regards prizes for the competition - we're still negotiating some great prizes. In the meantime the winner for this month will get a T2W polo-shirt. What more could you ask for?! :D

Any chance last months forex comp can be closed so we can tell where we are with this current month :rolleyes:

cheers
cv

EK1 and Sharky can do it, but EK1 is away until tomorrow. I'll forward a PM to them both.

Hi guys,

Just seen this.
Unfortunately it's a tech thing that only Sharky can do so I'll forward it to him now.

Cheers,

EK1

is anybody taking the FX Competition seriously?

there is one player with over 300,000 pips, mostly from shorting GBPUSD, and then closing at ZERO!

Wish I had known that, I would have sold my house to buy at 0.0000.