New Malcolm Robinson site worth it or not?

New Malcolm Robinson site....

....at present is in a state of suspended animation.

Having found MR's ideas interesting in the past, I subscribed. For the first couple of weeks, there was a flurry of activity in the shape of demo movies, daily trading records (which, I think, were eventually conceded to be rear-view mirror). Also there was quite a lively bulletin board, but all this fizzled out around St George's day.

MR then reported in answer to a bulletin board question that he was going to take a couple of weeks out to think about the future of the site.....

The ideas are still interesting enough (otherwise I wouldn't have forked out) but they fall a good bit short of a working tool-kit. And as the master himself said in response to a question from one of the other members, he doesn't actually trade that way, and if he did the pricing of the site would have been different.

This sounds like deja vu as he set up another website where there was also a lot of activity and interest. He then went away and came back and shut it down.

Sounds like he is uncertain in his own decision making and must be doing his reputation no good at all.

Paul

Trader333 said:
This sounds like deja vu as he set up another website where there was also a lot of activity and interest. He then went away and came back and shut it down.

Sounds like he is uncertain in his own decision making and must be doing his reputation no good at all.

Paul

Over the weekend, MR has announced that the website is now back "in full swing" and will report on one or two choice trades per day (the reports are being done on streaming video, showing the chart with voice-over commentary - quite neat). The time-out for thinking has enabled MR to separate two products: a DVD on which he shows some setups and strategy, and his website. He was getting uncomfortable with the idea that what he was doing on the website was locking him into endorsing the strategy on the DVD, and he did not want to promote a system. (It does make one question why he thought he was not promoting a system, and if so why he should have felt uncomfortable with it). Pricing of website has come down to $26 per month.

One feature of the website that has not changed is that there are sections on trading psychology which are extracts from a site called Trading Mind (by Norman Hallett). This product is offered to Instinctivetrader subscribers at a concessionary price. Anyone know about Trading Mind? Is it any good, and/or worth the money?

I know a wee bit about Trading Mind and have had some email exchanges with Norman Hallett and others in regard to it. I think its one of those products that you will either find absolutely brilliant or detestable.

Its designed to help traders achieve the 'mental excellence' side of trading skill needed to win consistently in the markets. It's not about strategy but about self belief and the discipline needed to effectively trade whatever your designated system is.

I plan to acquire it sometime in the future as I can see the clear benefit it is designed to achieve. If it only barely lives up to its promise, it'll be well worh the $129 or so being asked and I think there's a mnoey back guarantee.

best regards
Vince

Seguna,

Malcolm Robinson sent a mail out about a discount he had negotiated for Trading Mind for 35 Bucks - no need to fork out $129. Here's the details - if you go for it, let me know if it's any use! :

To get the discount:

As you are checking out to buy TradingMind Software,
you'll come across a Coupon field... type INSTINCTIVE
and CLICK REDEEM COUPON and complete
your checkout.

http://directyourmind.directtrack.com/z/38/CD166/

UNQUOTE

Mark_M

mark_m said:
Seguna,

Malcolm Robinson sent a mail out about a discount he had negotiated for Trading Mind for 35 Bucks - no need to fork out $129. Here's the details - if you go for it, let me know if it's any use! :

To get the discount:

As you are checking out to buy TradingMind Software,
you'll come across a Coupon field... type INSTINCTIVE
and CLICK REDEEM COUPON and complete
your checkout.

http://directyourmind.directtrack.com/z/38/CD166/

UNQUOTE

Why, thank you very kindly sir!

:cool:

seguna said:
Why, thank you very kindly sir!

:cool:

Tried the link. Did not come across a field for reclaim of coupons. Did not spend $129.

If anyone is interested(!) there are also similar disks giving Subconscious Training to the "Sales Mind" the "Golf Mind", "Tennis Mind" and to the "Slim Mind" (which is probably required for completing the purchase) The best one is, perhaps, the "Learning MInd" (which I guess is what you probably have not got if you complete the purchase).

Gt

growltiger said:
The best one is, perhaps, the "Learning MInd" (which I guess is what you probably have not got if you complete the purchase).

I think that is insensitive to anyone who's tried the software.

Why do you hold this view? What are your thoughts on the value and importance of psychological wellbeing for success in any endeavour, whether trading or something else? What do you know about the human 'subconscious' and its impact on our behaviour - especially under pressure? What do you know about training the subconscious etc?

Everytime I've seen TradingMind mentioned, it appears well regarded. Anyone who's been involved in ANY endeavour with ANY degree of success will affirm to you the vital importance of the right attitude and mentality. What tool do you have/know of to aid this process?

I think you should proceed with caution until you know much more and can speak with authority before slagging this off as another rip off merchant. Don't forget there is a 90 day money back guarantee which is rare in this industry and means you can try it properly for free.

Remember, fake Gold and Rolex watches exist only because there is the real. There are real trading tutors and mentors out there and this may be one of those tools with real value.

rgds
S
and No, I'm not an affiliate, referrer, partner etc...

seguna said:
I think that is insensitive to anyone who's tried the software.

Remember, fake Gold and Rolex watches exist only because there is the real. There are real trading tutors and mentors out there and this may be one of those tools with real value.

rgds
S
and No, I'm not an affiliate, referrer, partner etc...

I apologise for any insensitivity. You may be right that this is a real Rolex, in the psychological conditioning world.

However, the context was an alleged special offer (ie discount from $129 to $35) which turned out not to be there. As regards 90 day approval periods, I hadn't noticed that they were rare; they actually seem to be offered in the e-book/distance learning segment of the market almost as a matter of good form. Since the disk has to be physically returned, however, there is an element of inertia to the purchase which would not be there if it were offered as a download (and could just be switched off by the vendor).

Gt

I note your points, sir.

I just want us to be wary of jumping on the 'Slag Em b4 u Try Em' bandwagon. It seems many of us on these boards have had our fingers burned in some way or other and as such harbour a certain 'healthy' skepticism. We need to be wary we don't pitch ourselves into a conditioned rut.

Have you tried contacting Norman or Malcolm about the discount code?

regards
S
:)

Anyone who's been involved in ANY endeavour with ANY degree of success will affirm to you the vital importance of the right attitude and mentality.

In the field of songwriting, I have to say that this quote does not apply at all to some of the best songs ever composed. In many cases it is the exact opposite in that it can be the mentality of despair, hopelessness and depression that have allowed some of the greatest songs to have ever been written (all in my view of course).

Paul

Paul

Trader333 said:
In the field of songwriting, I have to say that this quote does not apply at all to some of the best songs ever composed. In many cases it is the exact opposite in that it can be the mentality of despair, hopelessness and depression that have allowed some of the greatest songs to have ever been written (all in my view of course).
Paul

I hear you sir. But I don't agree. Even in songwriting, this really only applies to the one hit wonders. Not the prolific, multi hit scoring artists whose careers span many decades. And for those who somehow broke through to a notable achievement on a whim, note that it usually doesn't continue for long. There's always got to be some grit for you to achieve consistently.

By the way, I'd say using the conditions of 'despair, hopelessness and depression' to birth a great song is actually an indication of psychological health - being able to bounce back from adversity.

Try a study sometime and check what 'despair, hopelessness and depression' USUALLY produce. Antidepressant sales are sky high in the post modernic western '1st world'.

rgds
S

I hear you and also disagree. Count how many pop songs are based on lost love or inability to find love ? Some of our most successful songwriters write about depressing subjects or how they would like the world to change. You even got an entire sub-culture started in the 1960s all based on this being unhappy with the way the world was and desperately wanting to change it. It is funny how when things like this start in the world the world just absorbs it and carries on as usual or the pioneers of such activities are killed off such as M Luther King, John Lennon etc.

So in my view the idea that you have to be mentally positive to achieve something is by no means necessary.

We will just have to disagree on this one.

Paul

Just the first paragraph on the site makes me laugh..

"How A One Time Losing Trader Accidentally Stumbled On A Simple Technique That Unlocked The Mystery Of The Markets...
... And How You Can Learn This "Insider Secret" From A Professional Trader To Explode Your Own Trading Profits! "

accidentally stumbled on... and "Insider secrets"

Of course adalat...it's all about selling.:D It's called 'good sales copy'...you know of the 'attention grabbling kind' :cheesy: ...look, it even managed to get you to at least post it here, on this forum that no one seems to have touched for about six years!!!:clap:

That's quite an achievement for sales copy...:cheesy::clap:(y):LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hello there anyone using Malcolm Robinson High low divergance system and makeing money with it Dec 2010 merry christmas from Chichester