New kid on the block

mEmmerrr

Alright folks,

Starting from monday I am going to start taking my intra day FTSE spread betting much more seriously now that I am done with exams, and spend a lot more time on it and so hopefully contribute to the daily threads around here. Being a uni student I cannot be around all day but will be trying to get into the markets daily, and post thought here.

Ive been into the markets for 7 months or so, read various books on technical analysis and all these fancy things you can use. From there I was trying to use these to put on spread bets for like 1 - 3 days using end of day data. This didnt go well for various reasons, but the net result of this was that I feel that I will only be comfortable being able to watch the trades, and get in and out myself instead of identifying a price and auto-buying while I am a lecture or something and coming back to realise the trade was horrible, and I also came to realise that using indicators is something I wasnt really keen on.

So, I will be spread betting the FTSE future through capital spreads using price action and resistance/support.

A question I have:

A large part of my strategy is "trend is your friend" and so I will be trading almost exclusively in the direction of the daily trend and avoiding falling knife catching tricks, but I am unsure what I can use in the mornings to gauge the overall feelings in the market, on top of the daily data and asian openings / US closes from the day before.

Is there any useful resources for other peoples opinions / lists of economic and company reports coming out for the UK?

THanks

I say slow right down, paper trade, why risk money when you don't have a solid strategy, winning startegies are out there, but I would find your own using technical analysis and different timeframes, do not lose!!!