New Hardware Price Quote questions.....HELP, HELP, HELP !!!

Hello folks, I will be retiring my current hardware system from active service in 3 months, and have started shopping around.Below is a quote l recently received, there specs are just right for my needs, but is it fair value for money(donno much about computer prices) ? It will be main system so needs to be RIGHT Please message if you know better way round this for similar specs

3 screen output system with PC, Monitors and Stand

Standard System:

Antec P180 Quiet Case

4 x PCIexpress x16 Digital /Analogue outputs

Intel Core2Duo 2.4GHz

2GB DDR2 667MHz Ram

530W PSU

250 GB HD Cached

DVD/RW 16 x Dual Layer

Card Reader

Wireless Ethernet

Wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse

Windows XP Pro SP2

Ultravision Multi Monitor Control Software.

APC 700VA UPS

With 19” Digital Monitors - £2063.11

With 17” Digital Monitors - £2012.11

High Performance System:

Antec P180 Quiet Case

4 x PCIexpress x16 Digital /Analogue outputs

Intel Quad Core QX6800 2.93GHz

2GB DDR2 800MHz Ram

530W PSU

250 GB HD Cached

DVD/RW 16 x Dual Layer

Card Reader

Wireless Ethernet

Wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse

Windows XP Pro SP2

Ultravision Multi Monitor Control Software.

APC 700VA UPS

With 19” Digital Monitors - £2972.62

With 17” Digital Monitors - £2921.62

Please note that prices are plus VAT and delivery will be £35 to UK mainland.

We can also arrange for lease facility and the cost by example for the £2972.62 unit would be approximately £101.23 /month (over 36 months) or £79.97 taking tax relief into account.

That sounds fairly expensive imo.

Do you actually need three screens or is this just what they've offered you?

I don't really build systems all that often anymore but if you can let me know what you actually need then I'd do a quote for you.

This quote is ridiculously expensive in my view and you should be able to almost halve it.

Paul

Hello folks, I will be retiring my current hardware system from active service in 3 months, and have started shopping around.Below is a quote l recently received, there specs are just right for my needs, but is it fair value for money(donno much about computer prices) ? It will be main system so needs to be RIGHT Please message if you know better way round this for similar specs

Yikes that's expensive. I would be tempted to give Scan a call, talk to them about a system based around 3xs Systems with the "256MB (2x128MB) PNY Quadro NVS440 PCI-E (x16) (QUAD DISPLAY)" option. Remove the soundcard (Creative are a terrible company, these days, and their Vista support an abomination, not to mention it would only matter if you wanted to play games). I'd say use Vista Business rather than Ultimate. Drop Visio from the software application section. Drop the software security, use Avast! instead it's free and good. Comes to £1,225.94 before monitors.

Add four Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK at £176.24 each, that's... £700 for monitors? And you're done. £100 off, and you've got better components.

That said, my advice would be to get a system with dual monitor support, and get two Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK instead. It'll give you about as much space as 4x17", and be a neater/easier configuration as well.