New Entry

trader.ciro

Hello to all. My name is Ciro, I'm Italian, and I'm an independent trader for a few years, working from my home. Work on the Italian stock market for now. The program I use is ProRealTime, and I really like working with the kagi chart.(y)

Hi Ciro,
Welcome to T2W!

It would be great if you could post some example trades using Kagi charts because, although many (most) members know of their existence, it's very rare to find anyone who uses them. I'm a fan of Renko charts - and they are also rarely seen here on T2W! Looking forward to your posts . . .
Tim.

Hi Ciro,
Welcome to T2W!

It would be great if you could post some example trades using Kagi charts because, although many (most) members know of their existence, it's very rare to find anyone who uses them. I'm a fan of Renko charts - and they are also rarely seen here on T2W! Looking forward to your posts . . .
Tim.

Kagi chart set with Reversal Amount of 0.05%.
Simple moving average 50 days.
Figure 1-2-3 long long entry on the price € 3:55.
* 3.584 € first profit.
* 3.62 euro second and final profit because it is formed in the figure 1-2-3 3.62 short.

Attachments

• SNAM.png
    SNAM.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 266
For anyone who's unfamiliar with Kagi charts and wants to learn about their construction and how to interpret them, this StockCharts article will explain all: Kagi Charts

For anyone who's unfamiliar with Kagi charts and wants to learn about their construction and how to interpret them, this StockCharts article will explain all: Kagi Charts

http://monkeys.dacharts.com/files/kagi.pdf

this is also interessente.Non I am with the conclusion that the author states that the signal comes in short or long delay, but personally and according to my research it is not. perhaps using a different Reversal Amount.

Kagi chart set with Reversal Amount of 0.05%.
Simple moving average 50 days.
Figure 1-2-3 long long entry on the price € 3:55.
* 3.584 € first profit.
* 3.62 euro second and final profit because it is formed in the figure 1-2-3 3.62 short.

ciao Ciro, benvenuto!
There are many similarities between Kagi, and Point and figure have you looked at P&F by any chance? I always found it more structured that Kagi, but thats just a personal thing. thanks for the charts and buona fortuna

ciao Ciro, benvenuto!
There are many similarities between Kagi, and Point and figure have you looked at P&F by any chance? I always found it more structured that Kagi, but thats just a personal thing. thanks for the charts and buona fortuna

Ciao,Hello, not the P & F charts I read something but do not prefer them because in addition to managing the size of the box you must also handle the reversal. While the kagi you just have to set the percentage change. The kagi is the real price change.

Hello ciro,

I am not really familiar with kagi charts, so this is a pleasant thread to see kagi in action.

welcome to T2W!

Thanks to Tim for the link as well

Hello to all. My name is Ciro, I'm Italian, and I'm an independent trader for a few years, working from my home. Work on the Italian stock market for now. The program I use is ProRealTime, and I really like working with the kagi chart.(y)

Never heard about this kind of chart. Can you give us the picture? Coz, the only chart I know is only bar chart, line chart and candle stick. The chart you mentioned seems new to me.

Never heard about this kind of chart. Can you give us the picture? Coz, the only chart I know is only bar chart, line chart and candle stick. The chart you mentioned seems new to me.
Hi duderex,
There's a link in my post #4 on P1 of the thread. If you're not familiar with any kind of chart besides bar charts, I recommend taking a look at other non-time based charts before looking at Kagi. IMO, Kagi chaerts are more complicated than say, Renko charts - whose construction is very easy to understand. Then look at Point & Figure (P&F) which is probably the best known and most widely used from this family of charts. If you like the look of P&F, then this thread is well worth a look: learning to read price action with p/f charts
Tim.

I suppose you should join a demo trade. You'll get experience trading with other traders and be able to evaluate their competence level in relation to others. Beginner traders, I feel, will benefit from it since they will be able to compete with other traders and put their talents and strategies to the test.

I suppose you should join a demo trade. You'll get experience trading with other traders and be able to evaluate their competence level in relation to others. Beginner traders, I feel, will benefit from it since they will be able to compete with other traders and put their talents and strategies to the test.
4th thread with no replies for 8 years that you have replied to today.