New bet sizes from IG Index *scandalous*

There are some signs that competition on price in our main markets is becoming less intense. One of our larger global competitors had competed aggressively on price for a year or so, but has recently reverted to pricing levels similar to ours. Their failure to gain market share with this pricing strategy supports our belief that clients are generally more focused on quality of execution, service and technology than on price alone...

Are they talking about CMC? Do they have any clients now?

Hang on. Now you're agreeing that it's a good thing they havent increased the minimums on US stocks..... :LOL:

I'm pretty sure people just trawl around this site looking for fights. Why dont you go outside and punch the first person you meet in the head.

Maybe u didnt get my posts then , there is no fighting , yes i would love them to have very small minimums in FX , Indices ... etc as well .

Reactions: D70
There are some signs that competition on price in our main markets is becoming less intense. One of our larger global competitors had competed aggressively on price for a year or so, but has recently reverted to pricing levels similar to ours. Their failure to gain market share with this pricing strategy supports our belief that clients are generally more focused on quality of execution, service and technology than on price alone...

Yes . Yes , but they are barely making any money from their clients !

Financial review | CMC Markets

That's almost certainly who they were talking about - CMC's platform re-design was the biggest F up in the history of spread betting.

I think they employed a window dresser to do it. I can just imagine the scene, floral jacket, big cuffs and floppy hair, his first question was what colours to use, the one about what features and functions to incorporate was never asked.

In theory the min bet size should follow the vix

i mean what seems to be a small bet size at vix 10-15 can be a big size when vix go to 30-40 or 80

according to risk management

Reactions: D70