NERS system

Noconas systems

I beleive his first work was the enhancement to vto's rsi 5 daily system, with a scaling in approach.

He then went on to demonstrate an hourly rsi 5 system.

The current one is primarily based on 15 minute bars with a 48 period cci.

I don't myself have the time for day trading because my IT job can go from quiet to madhouse in just a few minutes. About the best I can muster for 'fast trading' is the merlin system, which I am now trying out. Disclaimer merlin is a paid svc.

As to daytrading, you probably are aware but this board is very heavy on it, many members have several screens and quite the exotic rigs. So, if thats not your cup of tea, this may not be your best area for learning.

Beyond that there are succesfsul daytraders, mutual fund investors, Warren Buffet et al. Whatever floats your boat as long as you don't fall into the trap of thinking 'my way is the ONLY way'.

Only bottom line net profits matter, the rest is chat.

What is your own approach and how is it working out for you?

RunTheNumbers said:
What happened to Naconas RSI system? I thought this was an early retirement type system.

I must confess to not really understand the attraction of day trading. Far too much effort.

Regards

Ben

Last edited:
mr_cassandra said:
I beleive his first work was the enhancement to vto's rsi 5 daily system, with a scaling in approach.

He then went on to demonstrate an hourly rsi 5 system.

The current one is primarily based on 15 minute bars with a 48 period cci.

I don't myself have the time for day trading because my IT job can go from quiet to madhouse in just a few minutes. About the best I can muster for 'fast trading' is the merlin system, which I am now trying out. Disclaimer merlin is a paid svc.

As to daytrading, you probably are aware but this board is very heavy on it, many members have several screens and quite the exotic rigs. So, if thats not your cup of tea, this may not be your best area for learning.

Beyond that there are succesfsul daytraders, mutual fund investors, Warren Buffet et al. Whatever floats your boat as long as you don't fall into the trap of thinking 'my way is the ONLY way'.

Only bottom line net profits matter, the rest is chat.

What is your own approach and how is it working out for you?

I know there are an awful lot of people who frequent this board are day traders. I remain of the view that day trading is a waste of time and effort. There are many longer term trendfollowing strategies that provide significantly better returns in the long run and are sufficiently easy to follow to allow you to work until you have sufficient capital to not work.

My own trading revolves around 10 specific position trading strategies that focus around UK FTSE stocks and various indicies. I use spread betting to get my leverage and to date my trading has been satisfactory. Satisfactory in that it has closely followed the backtested results of my various systems.

Regards

Ben

RunTheNumbers said:
I know there are an awful lot of people who frequent this board are day traders. I remain of the view that day trading is a waste of time and effort. There are many longer term trendfollowing strategies that provide significantly better returns in the long run and are sufficiently easy to follow to allow you to work until you have sufficient capital to not work.

My own trading revolves around 10 specific position trading strategies that focus around UK FTSE stocks and various indicies. I use spread betting to get my leverage and to date my trading has been satisfactory. Satisfactory in that it has closely followed the backtested results of my various systems.

Regards

Ben

Well, that makes two of us. I have had about six weeks of day trading the indices and am back to longer term share trading again. Good money can be made in index trading, but bad judgement will take it away from you, again. I am mediocre in spotting daily trend changes and, in addition, have got bored with it. The adrenaline gets to lots of day traders but not to me, I'm afraid. The portfolio that I have has hit new highs while I have been trying to sort out daily index movements and with much less effort.

I admit that,maybe, there's some sour grapes in my post, too. If I was making money at it, I wouldn't be leaving it!

Split

Styles of trading

Imo, the bottom line is if it suits your personality style and provides the income/results you need then why not. Over the years I've watched so many different types each proclaim theirs is the only way and came to feel there are actually many, many ways all working in the same arena. My own work only produces about 20 trades per year. In trying merlin I am stretching my style as far as possible, as they do perhaps 100 trades per year. I will keep my program as a backup. Disclaimer: merlin is a paid svc, my program is my own work and not commercial. My work is based in and around known, repeating extremes in various indicators like vix, pcr and mclellan summations. In recent years I have blended in indicators from decisionPoint like oscillators based on the sp midcap 400.

You are very right in the need for your real world results to track your backtest. Backtesting is of immense value, though sometimes on the boards you get folks who pronounce it as having none. If you find something which works well over enough periods, it is reasonable to assume it will be a viable platform going forward. Is there any guarantee? Of course not but you have to start somewhere, not just jump in blind.

RunTheNumbers said:

Regards

Ben

Day trading

Each to his own, maybe a daytrader could not do what you or I do either. All that matters is the bottom line net profits when all is said and done. The rest is chat.

QUOTE=Splitlink]Well, that makes two of us. I have had about six weeks of day trading the indices and am back to longer term share trading again. Good money can be made in index trading, but bad judgement will take it away from you, again. I am mediocre in spotting daily trend changes and, in addition, have got bored with it. The adrenaline gets to lots of day traders but not to me, I'm afraid. The portfolio that I have has hit new highs while I have been trying to sort out daily index movements and with much less effort.

I admit that,maybe, there's some sour grapes in my post, too. If I was making money at it, I wouldn't be leaving it!

Split[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
If you see 15 or 30 min NERS actually keep you in trade for more then one day.
When market is changing trend or they could not decide system create whip saws, but 3/8 EMA can keep you out, if you see daily chart every day it help a lot, Just my 2 cents.

An old thread being revived. mr-cassandra is still around doing well - selling signals of his system-, MERLIN turned to a major disaster for many of its subscribers (correct me, if I'm wrong) and NERS is leaning towards 5 min most of the time.

Still Nocona is doing well and so does NERS - its just that there used to be interim systems on the board`s infobox, which appeared and disappeared again every now and then: NARS, FERS, Comanche....

Still a very recommendable board/thread and these guys make money.... and thats better than just being right.

Kind regards

Hittfeld