need help with sierra

ALFASSY

Hi!
I am trying to build an automated trading system in sierra chart to use with the s&p 500.
I am required to write an excel function to define when i want the program to make a buy entry.
I dont have enough knowlege in excel :\ and i would be happy if you will help me write the function.
i want the function to do the following: 1. there must be at least 2 points distance between the price at 16:30 that day (gmt +2) to the entry price.
2. i want the program to make a buy when the market price touch a daily pivot points which are in cells - aj3, ak3, ah3, al3, ak3, ag3.
3. i want the program to make a buy only if the distance between the pivot point and one of the values in cells aq3 - bm3 will be 1.5 points or less

thank you in advance!!
my email is: [email protected]

For weeks I am trying to define the last thing in my automated trading system.
I use sierra chart and my trading system is based on excel.
My strategy is based on market tension and is trying to predict market corrections.
There is a rule that if the price came 0.25 - 0.5 points from a pivot point, didn't touch the pivot and a market correction at the size of 2 points or more occurred I will not go into position using this specific pivot point. But if after the correction - the price got 5 points away from the pivot and 15 minutes have passed since the correction took place I can use the pivot again.
How can I define something like this? : \
can macros help me? How?
Thank you very much in advance

I believe that the example on the Spreadsheet/Excel trading page should nudge you to the right direction. But I am not sure how well your system will be if you are not familiar enough with Excel to write basic functions.

I would start by checking out the local library and getting a book about Excel.