Need Guidance on Starting with Small Account

VinceField

38 0
Please advise me! After completing my studies and gaining some experience paper trading, I plan on opening a small day trading account. My funds are somewhat limited and although I have the $25k to put into a margin account, I didn't want to tie up that much of my savings. I would be more comfortable with a $10k account, but the problem is the pattern day trader regulation. It seems to get around that, I would have to have a cash account. In that case I wouldn't be able to short sell and I would have to make sure there is enough settled cash in the account to make a trade, which could impede the frequency of my trading.

I only plan on risking 1% of my account on any given trade, so I'll be starting off small and perhaps I won't be buying enough to be affected by the cash settlement rules.

I want to trade enough to qualify as a trader (TTS) by the IRS so I can receive some tax benefits. I suppose this would mean at least one trade every day of the week.

Any suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

absence

42 7
Why don't you start with less than that? That is lot. You can try between $1k to $5k just for the starter and avoiding the mismanagement of money.
After that, you can gradually increase the funds if you are able to make profit

Reactions: VinceField

vlakis

3 0
I would advise you to start with a much smaller amount. So you would be able to understand whether it is realistic to make a profit, and how big a profit. And then you can invest more.

VinceField

38 0
I would advise you to start with a much smaller amount. So you would be able to understand whether it is realistic to make a profit, and how big a profit. And then you can invest more.
I put 3k in my account but I'm only paper trading until I develop a consistent strategy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock