Name something "Permanent"

Triggerfish

Can you name something that is permanent? Something that last forever? :!:
Am seeking to find something that which is permanent, is it possible?

"Permanent" definition is:
"lasting or intended to last or remain unchanged indefinitely"

Everything is temporary, everything will undergo change. This law itself is permanent.

physical things can always deteriorate.

But concepts, or ideas, potentially, last forever.

Perhaps any experience, can also last forever.

barjon said:
Is this based on life? if so, death can't be permanent because what happens after the person dies as there is no further deaths?.....or do you mean something else?.....like impermanence?

Shakone said:
Everything is temporary, everything will undergo change. This law itself is permanent.
Good.....but does identifying this law makes it permanent? Is this not the same as confirmation something that is changing, the process itself? ie.....impermanence?

trendie said:
But concepts, or ideas, potentially, last forever. Perhaps any experience, can also last forever.
Do you have any examples of concepts/ideas to discuss further?
If any experience can last forever, what happens when that person dies? Surely that experience exist no more?

Last edited:
Good.....but does identifying this law makes it permanent? Is this not the same as confirmation something that is changing, the process itself? ie.....impermanence?

Identifying it is irrelevant. It is, whether it is identified or not. The manifestation of it in the real world is change, effects that are temporary, cycles and so on, anicca as it was called, but the law itself is permanent.

Yes impermanence is permanent, as I said several months ago on this site.

Now, question for you. What does knowing something that is permanent have to do with trading? And what are you trying to achieve?

Last edited:
change

Added: I'm guilty of not reading all the posts - see S's post (above^)

Last edited:
Now, question for you. What does knowing something that is permanent have to do with trading?
Quote me a condition under T2W that every thread or post must be related to trading, furthermore, this is the "Foyer" is it not?

Just because you cannot see doesn't mean others are the same, is it?

In addition, threads are for "discussions" aimed towards the specific title and not aimed at the poster is it not?.....:?:....maybe less assumptions and more "clear thinking" is required!

Last edited:
Quote me a condition under T2W that every thread or post must be related to trading, furthermore, this is the "Foyer" is it not?

Just because you cannot see doesn't mean others are the same, is it?

In addition, threads are for "discussions" aimed towards the specific title and not aimed at the poster is it not?.....:?:....maybe less assumptions and more "clear thinking" is required!

That's fine, it's just a question. The answer to my question could be that it has nothing to do with trading. Which I'm fine with of course. But you could answer that, rather than question the rules on what is allowed, or throw more questions back at me.

Anyway, good luck with the thread.

Last edited:
Is this based on life? if so, death can't be permanent because what happens after the person dies as there is no further deaths?.....or do you mean something else?.....like impermanence?

:) well, death is a pretty permanent state in my book - once I'm gone, I'm gone forever.

2 + 2 = 4
While it is true that a proof for an equation is true and constant yet its existence would "depend" on that equation being permanent.....hence it cannot be so.
:) well, death is a pretty permanent state in my book - once I'm gone, I'm gone forever.
Born and death are mere concepts and are illusionary.....hence cannot be permanent.
Maybe one needs to investigate what defines oneself?.....and question that very belief?

..................Born and death are mere concepts and are illusionary.....hence cannot be permanent....................

Illusory? Well, you're here as a physical being aren't you and you must have sprung from your mothers womb. That is a provable fact and something which we call birth. In due course, you will cease to function as a living entity and that is something which we call death. When that time comes it will be an equally provable fact. In terms of the physical living entity that you were, you will remain dead permanently whatever might become of the molecules that have combined to build you as you are.

Maybe the universe, our world and the life on it is just a giant illusion - in which case your initial question has no meaning.

Last edited:
While it is true that a proof for an equation is true and constant yet its existence would "depend" on that equation being permanent.....hence it cannot be so.

Born and death are mere concepts and are illusionary.....hence cannot be permanent.
Maybe one needs to investigate what defines oneself?.....and question that very belief?

I think therefore I am .... an illusion???

Peter

Human stupidity.

As evidenced by Einstein's famous quotation.

Genius has it's limitations but stupidity knows no bounds.

ZEN archer said:
Surely for there to be change, it must depend on an object/item.....yet the object/item cannot last forever.....hence change can't be permanent.
wallstreetwarrior87 said:
If this is based on past events, then this would only be a memory of events that occurred through our own consciousness. However, the actual event cannot be repeated as it can only be recalled or written.....which isn't the actual event itself.....hence, this can't be permanent.
If you are referring to the past based on time, then that too has problems because time itself, is a human construct and don't actually exist. So the past here is nil and void.....hence not permanent.

Surely for there to be change, it must depend on an object/item.....yet the object/item cannot last forever.....hence change can't be permanent.

If this is based on past events, then this would only be a memory of events that occurred through our own consciousness. However, the actual event cannot be repeated as it can only be recalled or written.....which isn't the actual event itself.....hence, this can't be permanent.
If you are referring to the past based on time, then that too has problems because time itself, is a human construct and don't actually exist. So the past here is nil and void.....hence not permanent.

This post is complete nonsense. This forum really is hitting rock bottom.

Peter

Last edited: