My Tranding Journal and Trading Reviews

fercabr

Fellow trades,

I´ve created a blog were I share my daily preparation and stock selection for the morning session and the afternoon session. I also put a review of the trades I have taken and some trading ideas.
This is a part of my trading routine and trading journal. Hope you like it.

Review Trading

May, 21 morning and afternoon preparation

Morning Prep

SPY (click here for the chart) - Will the expected correction come today? World markets are mixed, so there is a greater chance for that to happen today. No big news to be released. So here are the possibilities I see:
1 - Market making a new high and continue the up move.
2 - Market making a sideways move as it did between 05/08 and 05/13 - this would be still a bullish consolidation, since we are still in the up channel
3 - Market makes a stronger move down, testing the base of the channel at 165.00 / 164.50
Due to it´s strong behavior lately, I believe the 2 scenario is the most likely to happen today, and will be the expected one.
A bearish bias will only come if the up channel is broken down and it hold below it

Bias: Neutral Bullish

Afternoon Prep

SPY (click here for the chart)- This is my market summary: it is in an up channel on a daily/60 chart, after breaking the range between 160.00 || 153.50. The target for this move was 166.50 and it is trading a little bit above this level at 167.50. This level was tested this morning again, where sellers start to defend the position. Volatility increased, confirming that the sellers are holding the level. On a 5 minute chart we can see a clear range between 167.50 and 166.50. This is above the target area. The mostly likely scenario today is for the market to trade around this 5 minute range. The break of this range will determine which side the market will go next. Keep in mind that a fake break to either side is also possible.
Long Term Bias: Bullish
Short Term Bias: Neutral

To download the stock selection sheet, please check the blog (it´s all free) at
ReviewTrading
All the information about the stock selection sheet can be found at the blog.
Hope you enjoy

Fernando

"Tranding" is a type mistake from someone who´s first language is portuguese. Thanks for the correction, but unfortunatelly the forum does not allow me to re-edit the post. regards

Daily AM Prep - May, 23

World Markets News: Asian markets finished sharply lower today with shares in Japan leading the region. European markets are sharply lower today with shares in Germany off the most. This is a very relevant move down

SPY (chart) - Yesterday market made an unfair high, suggesting the long term sellers are back in the game. World markets are all down on significant moves. Today we are opening below the lower band of the up channel and at the potential Point of Control. Based on this information the short term bias is bearish until we find buyers and define a more clear support.

For stock selection click this link

Daily PM Prep - April, 09

Strange market to trade this afternoon. I´ll focus on just a few stocks.

SPY (chart) - Market opened on a gap down move, but failed to go lower. The potential point of control at 164.50 held the down movement. The next resistance to the up move is the lower band of the up channel that was broken down, then the 166.25 level, where the market may find sellers again.

For stock selection and more, click me.

Daily AM Prep - May, 24

SPY (chart) - Yesterday market gap open down, but bounce up. Today another gap down, opening at the potential point of control (POC). This gap down suggest a selling pressure. Markets around the world are not strong, so on a short term bias, we are bearish.
A lot of good trading ideas for today. Check out the stock selection on this link.

Daily PM Prep - May, 24

SPY (chart) - Not much had changed from the morning preparation comment. The most expected scenario so far has happened, with the SPY trading in an inside day. Morning was the best time to trade today. Fewer opportunities in the afternoon.

Check out the stock selection

Trading on the market sentiment is always good so that we can make some good number of pips when we are trading along the trend.

If you are so confidant that market is bullish then why there are not so much opportunities. You can simply enter the market with buy.

That depends on the time-frame you trade. I only trade intraday (1 min / 5 min timeframes) and do not take my positions overnight, but that´s just me.
The bullish bias helps me to decide if I should favor long position or short positions and how fast I should take profits from those positions. In a bullish market, I rather take my profits on short positions faster and hold on to my long positions a little longer. On neutral markets to trade the extremes is better than to trade a trend.
Also the fact that I believe/read the market is bullish is just an expectation that could be confirmed or not. If you could, think that the bias is just a guide, another piece of the puzzle. The main thing is to enter good risk / reward positions. To simply buy because my bias is bullish is a a road to fail.
When I say that there are not many opportunities (intraday) I take into consideration that most of the stocks I am watching pre-market have very low volume, also there are not many news on stocks at the day in question and/or not many stocks are moving at that day for an intraday trade. As a daytrader I only make money when there is something moving.
Hope that clarifies what I am trying to say.