My Trading results

Intenso

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while. but thought id post today.

I would like some feedback.

I have now been actively trading as oppose to my previous dabbling lol!!

I have now made 9.8% growth on capital in the last 7 weeks.

Is this good?

how does this measure to when you first started out?

I myself am pleased with the results, and am now aiming to progress from this position.

I am trading trend following strategies on an intra-day basis.

9.8% growth on capital in the last 7 weeks is really good. How much time you invested in trading and capital amount is also does matter.

i started with £975 now at £1071.

will be adding more to my account in the near future.

how much do you trade with?

are you making a living from trading.

well done. looks you have a good result :). But remember to keep a respect to the market. Now it just a beginning of the trading life.

hi Intenso, what hgh said it's absolutely right. If i can add something I have to say you should focus more on the process other than the results at the beginning.

How many trades have you made roughly to gain that profit? and what percentage of your account do you risk per trade?

i risk 1% of my account on all trades.... currently aiming for a reward:risk ratio of 1:1.

place approx 60 trades... sounds like a lot but thats over the course of approx 40 trading days

10.8% as of today.

how about you?

how is your trading going Rich1983?

for a 1% risk thats pretty good. I've got a similar budget to yourself and I personally go against the 1-3% rule and risk more of my account as I find the profits are too small off such a small trade.
I havent worked out my profit in percentage but over the last 2months its gone up 1/3 but i've been lucky with a few trades which could have gone the wrong way.
What markets do you trade? I try to stick to shares on the ftse100 but when ever I wonder to different markets I tend to get burnt as I have this morning worst of luck.

i stick by the rule of 1% religiously. purely because i have wiped out an account of £1,500 in a very short space of time. that didnt feel very good, dont want that to happen again. haha!!

i trade Forex market. i prefer it to stocks and indices.

im aiming for consistent performance.

i think of trading is as get rich slow but faster than working 9 to 5 haha.

my goal is to quit my 9-5 and trade for a living and i know that that wont be possible for a few years and only after being consistent.

do you have a goal?

Id love to trade full time just like the majority of other members on here but with my situation I get a good income from my full time job and its a safe income. Id have to be very good and extremely confident to give my job up to trade full time.
In the mean time ill keep trading small amounts of ££ and just see how things go with the markets and hopefully build up a few ££ in my account and hopefully learn a lot more about trading and go from there :)

It's good that you can stick to your 1% rule, Ive tried the 1-3% but for me I cant justify only making a few quid per trade. My account balance is not my main income or my life savings so im not 100% dependant on it so I risk more.

how long have you been trading for?

same here in regards to the job.

hopefully will be able to progress over the next few years and then have it as my sole income and no longer be working 37.5 hours a week but more along the lines of 5 hours!! lol!!

i trade intraday and so 1% a day when successful is good to me.

Id love to trade full time just like the majority of other members on here but with my situation I get a good income from my full time job and its a safe income. Id have to be very good and extremely confident to give my job up to trade full time.
In the mean time ill keep trading small amounts of ££ and just see how things go with the markets and hopefully build up a few ££ in my account and hopefully learn a lot more about trading and go from there :)

It's good that you can stick to your 1% rule, Ive tried the 1-3% but for me I cant justify only making a few quid per trade. My account balance is not my main income or my life savings so im not 100% dependant on it so I risk more.

how long have you been trading for?

Can you verify that:LOL:

i only risk 1% so typically 20 pips.
Cool.
Reason I asked is because sometimes someone starts a thread about their results,and then, some pages later, it's revealed that they don't use stops, which makes any return irrelevant in my opinion.

how about you?
Similar. My stops are always around 20 pips.

I've been trying to learn to trade for years, although only recently (6 months or so?)funded a live account with £1800. I'm up around 3k profit at the moment.

so your account is at approx £4800?

well done!! good work.

what do you trade?

i know what you mean about stops. there a must for me... irritating when you get stopped out only for it to hit your target 5 mins later.... just means i didnt look at the charts closely enough or i didnt check the economic calendar. its all a learning curve.

so your account is at approx £4800?

well done!! good work.

what do you trade?

i know what you mean about stops. there a must for me... irritating when you get stopped out only for it to hit your target 5 mins later.... just means i didnt look at the charts closely enough or i didnt check the economic calendar. its all a learning curve.

It would be around that, although I've withdrew £3500 into my bank account, so there's only 1k or so in there at the mo.

I trade mainly gpbusd, as well as the SP500.#

Still got some work to do on my method, though.
Im not getting enough profit in pips at the moment, averaging about 200pips per month. I want to be averaging 30pips per day.

At work at the moment so can't check, but I think today is a losing day for me.

Cant wait until I can attempt to trade full time for a while, but not sure that's likely anytime soon due to work. We'll see....