My Selection of FTSE 100 + 250 Stocks

MayZerG

Just done some research on what positions i am going to establish on Tuesday 7th. This is not a signal service, and advise you to think for yourselves and trade based on ultimately your own decisions.

If you would like to post your comments / thoughts, and whether you are in any of these stocks please feel free to do so.

These stocks were chosen based on their profit margins and net incomes, and whether the companies appeared to be strengthening or losing market share vs their competitors. So mainly fundamentals, but also some technical analysis by trying not to buy at the top or sell at the bottom. Looking for potential retracements could help position you better in the trade and also reduce the stop loss needed.

SELL:
AAL, RIO, ENRC, AV, BPTY, KAZ, TLPR

BUY:
LLOY, NXT, STAN, LSE, BP, DGE, EZJ, SAB, WTB, NG, BSKY

My exposure is mainly long due to the QE from the FR, ECB, BOJ. As long as interest rates stay at 0.50% people will try to invest elsewhere such as bonds / treasuries / stock market. It is also very hard to diversify since most markets have a high correlation. For example, strong economies = Oil goes up or weaker dollar = gold goes up.

I do apologise for not posting as often as i used to :)

Just done some research on what positions i am going to establish on Tuesday 7th. This is not a signal service, and advise you to think for yourselves and trade based on ultimately your own decisions.

If you would like to post your comments / thoughts, and whether you are in any of these stocks please feel free to do so.

These stocks were chosen based on their profit margins and net incomes, and whether the companies appeared to be strengthening or losing market share vs their competitors. So mainly fundamentals, but also some technical analysis by trying not to buy at the top or sell at the bottom. Looking for potential retracements could help position you better in the trade and also reduce the stop loss needed.

SELL:
AAL, RIO, ENRC, AV, BPTY, KAZ, TLPR

BUY:
LLOY, NXT, STAN, LSE, BP, DGE, EZJ, SAB, WTB, NG, BSKY

My exposure is mainly long due to the QE from the FR, ECB, BOJ. As long as interest rates stay at 0.50% people will try to invest elsewhere such as bonds / treasuries / stock market. It is also very hard to diversify since most markets have a high correlation. For example, strong economies = Oil goes up or weaker dollar = gold goes up.

I do apologise for not posting as often as i used to :)

Lloyds..I would be waiting as its hitting resistance, a close above the last high would do the trick. Shame you are not in already with a lovely head and shoulders recently. I mentioned on another thread that the head and shoulders, already within an uprend is one of my favourite patterns. Still going with the trend and a reversal from a short term pullback. chart attached. just lovely

Attachments

• LLOYDS BANKING GROUP PLC ORD 10P.jpg
    LLOYDS BANKING GROUP PLC ORD 10P.jpg
    802.2 KB · Views: 415
An update on my positions :) Doing massively well so far and always thought of equities as my strongest trading background.

Closed:

BSKY: -50, STAN: -100, TLPR: -40

Total = -190 pips

Open:

DGE: +68, AAL: +106, RIO: +175, NEXT: +154, LLY: +5, LSE: +71, SAB: +112, EZY: +70, NG: +21, WTB: +38.

BPTY: -7, AV: -6, BP: -4

Total = +803 pips :)

Closed:

BSKY: -50, STAN: -100, TLPR: -40, ENRC: +1, KAZ: +15, AV: -30

Total = -204 pips

Open:

DGE: +62, AAL: +91, RIO: +207, NEXT: +204, LLY: +6, LSE: +43, SAB: +90, EZY: +79, NG: +10, WTB: +82.

BPTY: -10, BP: -7

Total = +857 pips

Ive just gone live with a small financial spreadbetting account. I started in FX but moved to learning about UK100 and some large cap US shares. I'm just getting my FTSE100 shortlist together from the demos I have done so far. I'm a trend trader and SBing allows me to get in and out of trades and learn about the companies and short them without any long term commitment.

Hope this thread stays alive to discuss these equities, as I newbie that would be great.

Hey scott, and sorry everyone for being away for a while, took most of my positions out at a profit in July due to my holiday / vacation.

Here is my new positions at the moment, based on profit margins / PE / EPS and general news from these companies.

http://imgur.com/IlK3PCR

Earnings Announcements for my stock positions:

ARM - 22nd October
BG - 31st October
BT - 31st October

IHG - 5th November
BAB - 12th November
LAND - 12th November
BLND - 13th November
EZJ - 19th November
NG - 21st November
ADN - 25th November
UU - 27th November

HL - 6th February
ITV - 27th February

STAN - 5th March

(There are a lot of views on this thread but barely any posts, shall i just delete the thread? :p)

Just read the quarterly report on ARM Holdings, 1 of the companies i have in my portfolio, revenue up 27% from same period last year, profit before tax up 36%, earnings per share up 38%. Looking to buy more shares when UK market opens in 45 minutes.

I'm posting this before Bloomberg / Marketwatch / CNBC / Reuters have a news article on it.

BT and BG Results were relatively good, come 3rd and 1st for the top risers in the FTSE 100 yesterday :).

Market was relatively quiet due to Fed Reserve QE tapering speculation.

Hey guys, quick update, closed all of my positions on the 5th, thought there was a possible top forming on the FTSE as it had a nice run from 6400 to 6800. From the shares i had, 8 of them showed a Kijun-Sen going horizontally. Those who are familiar with the Kijun-Sen, if it goes sideways, it usually acts as a magnet and price is pulled in towards it.

I had 2 choices because of this:

1. I could keep all of my positions open and hedge by shorting the FTSE100 Index (Maybe would have been the better choice longterm)
2. Close all of my positions at nice profits from their base prices, Short the FTSE100 until it hits the Kijun-Sen, then resume stock selection and find new stocks.

I went for option 2 :)

MORE PICTURES CAN BE FOUND ON PAGE 3, SHOWING THE KIJUN-SEN ON SOME OF THE SHARES AND FTSE.

Last edited:
Closing thread now, have 8 US stocks now, some of the big names from DJIA/NYSE/NASDAQ, can find info on my twitter page :).

Good luck all!