My recorded trading session using X_Trader Sim - Profit $550 & $875 in approx 2 hours

millerfung

My recorded trading session using X_Trader Sim - Profit $550 & $875 in approx 2 hours

Hi everyone,

millerfung.tumblr.com
This is a blog I have created recently and I will keep uploading my recorded trading session there. The reason I prefer recording video rather than capturing picture to describe my set ups is that it is more real and you see the decision making process of me.

I am a short term trader, mainly scalping. I sometimes look at the market depth from X_Trader to identify set ups. Mostly, I find opportunities using charts with market depth to assist me. Due to the size of computer screen, I am only focusing on trading one product at this moment.

Although it is only a sim, I took it very seriously because I have wiped out my account three times and I know how it feels to trade live.

The reason I am posting it is to get some comments from you guys and I am very open to criticism.

Happy trading.

Re: My recorded trading session using X_Trader Sim - Profit $550 & $875 in approx 2 h

Does youtube ad pay enough to buy lunch ?

Re: My recorded trading session using X_Trader Sim - Profit $550 & $875 in approx 2 h

A few hundred $ profit in two hours sim tarding isn't very impressive. Around here we can all make millions.

Comparing the dollar is rather misleading here given the size of contract I trade. For the sim, I normally trade 2 contracts at one time.

Does youtube ad pay enough to buy lunch ?
My intention here was not to earn ad fee but to post my recorded trading session to let people openly discuss my strategies. People normally capture photos but I find it boring and shows no clue how they really approach to the market.

I believe exchanging recorded sessions would have more value than looking at hundreds of photos.

Recently uploaded another picture on millerfung.tumblr.com which shows how to trade the break out of E-mini S&P ytd night.

Good idea recording your trading & watching it afterwards.

Edited highlights would be nice though!

I try not to watch the parts where I pound the keyboard with my fists or kick the monitor through the window.

I try not to watch the parts where I pound the keyboard with my fists or kick the monitor through the window.

Then just post those clips here and we'll all watch :LOL:

Peter

Yeah true, didnt think of that.

Will do that next time, study has been busy recently.

Thanks for the comment.

Then just post those clips here and we'll all watch :LOL:

Peter

No, it's all too pathetic, especially for someone trading 10p a point on sim.:)

Check out millerfung.tumblr.com for more recorded trading sessions and thoughts.

Recorded trading session on the E-mini S&P 11 Oct 2012, 10pm - approx 2am AUS Local Time.
Profit: Flat.
The session yesterday actually offered quite a few opportunities, however, I did not have enough concentration to capture them, which have left me flat after 2-3 hours trading.
S&P breakout after initial jobless claim fall to the lowest level after 2008. I thought the rise could not be sustained and shorted, however, I was wrong. The market north for another half and hour before consolidating.
Lesson learnt: Before the open and the release of data, I thought it was a boring session. After review, I found out there actually existed quite a few opportunities I failed to take. Trading the breakout, you have to trust your instinct and allow greater swing.

Did I see that right? You're uploading 6 hour videos to youtube of your sim trading sessions and expect random people on the internet to watch it? Maybe edit it down to only your trades or the ones where you made big mistakes or big winners only, so people don't have to literally sit through your entire session. 5 or 6 minutes maybe, not hours.

Did I see that right? You're uploading 6 hour videos to youtube of your sim trading sessions and expect random people on the internet to watch it? Maybe edit it down to only your trades or the ones where you made big mistakes or big winners only, so people don't have to literally sit through your entire session. 5 or 6 minutes maybe, not hours.

Sorry I guess it is formatting problem. It is actually only 2-3 hours. I was supposed to do highlight, however, there was not significant trades I made last night. However, I have summarised a little about what happened in the session.

I still like the idea of posting the whole video rather than just the highlight, or even just pictures. I have seen those thousands times in different places. Trading actually is that easy sometime, what matters the most is the thinking process and risk management. However, to succeed in the long run requires a trader to be unconventional. I am posting the whole video and exposing all my mistakes, I care only to improve myself and others. Others can watch the clip and base on the same information see what trades they would make and see how it performs as they unfold.