my journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOR A SHORT TRADE:
1) time is 15.00 to 20.00 CET
1) it's your first discretionary trade today (you can't trade discretionary outside this system)
2) your entry and your take profit are >=10 ticks away from any pivot lines
3) you've looked at "correlated" chart (both 1 month and 15 minutes)
4) the 225-period ma is in favor by > 10 ticks
5) the 15-period ma gets crossed by price (in favor) after being on the other side >= 4 minutes

1) it's your first discretionary trade today (you can't trade discretionary outside this system)
5) the 15-period ma gets crossed by price (in favor) after being on the other side >= 4 minutes

Snap1.jpg

For a short:

I am not taking the signal, because everything looks bullish on the correlations chart. And because it's a wednesday and statistically we rise today.

Snap1.jpg

Besides, one of the conditions is not being met anymore:

I'd be getting a signal at 1.4745, which is not >=10 ticks away from any pivot lines.

2.JPG

Actually maybe the 10 ticks requirement was being barely met, but the discretion allowed by my system still permits me to discard signals: "ENTRIES can be made if:..."

Damn... it might have been a perfectly good signal... but here I am regretting not having made money, and not regretting losing 2000 dollars, which is a lot better already, and I owe it to having been disciplined.

Missing a good signal - on discretionary based discarding - is almost like a tragedy, after waiting for it for over 2 hours. Yep... it was a good one and I missed it.

Snap1.jpg

Actually it's bouncing back up just one or two ticks short of where my takeprofit would have been. If I had made the trade, right now I'd be saying to myself, "you see? I knew I shouldn't have done it". So overall, since I wasn't positive, I am glad I discarded the signal. Look, it's coming back up without hitting my hypothetical takeprofit:

Snap2.jpg

And the 2 hours long wait is good to train me for future waiting.

Last edited:
On the other hand, I could very well go short now, because the requirements are being met even more than earlier, and the correlations look a little better in the sense that the ES might break support.

Done it. I have gone short. After feeling a lot of pressure on my heart.

Snap1.jpg

A "rush to my heart", or something like that... that's what they said in the movie "Sniper" with Berenger and Zane:
Richard Miller: When the "rush" is over, it hurts. Doesn't it?
Thomas Beckett: What you're feeling now ain't the worst pain. The worst thing is not feeling the hurt anymore.

I am now hoping, because I can hope, since takeprofit and stoploss are in my place and my weapon is always the same and I can't change it. I am hoping for the ES to break support as I expected a few minutes ago. ES looks like it's insisting on that area. It didn't bounce back straight up when it touched it, but it kept lingering there.

However the reality right now is that I am down 80 dollars. And at -250, my stoploss will be triggered. To save my ass.

And for today, as usual, this is it, no matter how the trade goes.

Losing 140 right now. Things are not looking good. All correlated markets have started flying up high.

I am still alive. The position has not been closed yet. GBP didn't rise very much at all. CL and ES did. But now they should be coming back down. Losing 100 right now. The limit is -250 (auto exit of course).

You know why i took the signal? Partly because i didn't want to disappoint the readers who had been waiting, like me, for 2 hours. So that would speak against writing a journal. But you know why I waited two hours? Because I didn't want to disappoint the readers who were expecting to see my discipline. So overall it's still convenient for me to write on this journal. Otherwise by now today I'd have lost 500 dollars at least. You all remember how I was trading in the past months.

Losing 80 dollars right now.

Losing 50. CL and ES went up a mountain and now have started falling again, and hopefully will get down to the valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.