my journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it goes well, I'll stop trading for the day also, because I've taken enough stress up to here. Trading is more stressful than gambling, especially if you don't know how good your system is. I might exit early (all allowed by the system) if the downward move seems to come to an end before my 20 ticks. But even then I'll be done for the day.

Up 70 dollars now. Hopefully it won't stop. I need encouragement from the market for not gambling.

Looking really good. All other markets look very bearish. I am up 120 dollars now. Come on, another 130 dollars and I'll be out.

Done. 260 dollars of profit. I am satisfied for today. Great first day. Taking a few hours off because it was quite stressful.

Last chart of first amazing day

Here's the chart to document what happened after selling. Basically it went down, after making me temporarily be in the red for a bit over 100 dollars. It all lasted 14 minutes, which seemed much less for some reason. How do i feel right now? Lucky. Maybe if I keep doing this for a few days and it goes as well, I'll start feeling like I deserved it.

Snap.JPG

Last edited:
Felt the urge to trade again (within system) but decided against it

I was about to start another trade (LONG from 1.5001) according to the system's requirements, but it would have been improvised and rushed (I had been looking at charts for only 2 minutes and the slow average would have been crossed over by 1 tick), plus:

1) My eyes were excited like a junkie's and I was craving action
2) I want to preserve the status of profitable trader for 24 hours so I'll be rewarding my non-gambling. If I lost on the next trade, I would've unlearned everything I've learned today. I need to remember that my first day as a non-gambler was profitable.

Since I was about to go for a bad trade, but especially since I was about to bend the rules in my favor, in order to avoid what's been my worst mistake in the past 12 years (going against the trend), let's modify my plan and clarify exactly that the slow average, the only thing forcing me to follow the trend, has to be in favor by at least 5 ticks:

ENTRIES if:
1) you haven't lost over 250 dollars for the day (from discretionary trading)
2) the 15-period 15-minute ma is in favor by at least 5 ticks
3) the 15-period 1-minute ma gets crossed by price (in favor)
4) your entry and your take profit are >10 ticks away from any pivot lines
EXITS
Bracket order of 20 ticks. You can exit early if you wish, but not increase the distance of the stoploss.

Ok, I am calm enough to make a long trade as soon as we'll have a good enough correction on the 1-minute chart and an ensuing bullish crossover. Pivot lines are both far enough. This time I will just say when I enter and keep the details down to entry price, take profit and stoploss, because it's really a lot of work posting all those charts.

Snap1.jpg

Requirements met in blue:

2) the 15-period 15-minute ma is in favor by at least 5 ticks: it's at 1.4995 and now we're at 1.5012
3) the 15-period 1-minute ma gets crossed by price (in favor)
4) your entry and your take profit are >10 ticks away from any pivot lines

The time is right: at this time price tend to continue until 22.00 CET.

Tell you what. Since I got a bracket order in place, I will just specify entry and direction. This is just for me anyway. It's not like I have to sell my systems to anyone and prove that I actually traded it.

Ok... it's coming down, starting to come down and re-cross bearishly the fast moving average. Time to take a look at correlated markets to see if they are all bullish.

Hopefully my dad won't come home until I finish this trade, or he'll bring me bad luck for sure (I don't believe in bad luck, but he'll put me in a bad mood).

Yeah, they're all bullish. Especially the GBP. If I were the old gambler, I'd go long on the GBP right now. But I ain't any more, so here I am waiting for the EUR signal.

Crossing down my fast ma just about now. Will want it to stay down below it for a few minutes, then I'll go long as it re-crosses it.

I am not taking this re-crossing. Too fast. It didn't even stay under it for one minute. So much the better if my trade is aborted.

Everything is way overbought right now, also the GBP. There's no way I am going long here, and I should write that rule down also.

ENTRIES if:
2) the 15-period 15-minute ma is in favor by at least 5 ticks

3) the 15-period 1-minute ma gets crossed by price (in favor) after touching the other side >= 3 minutes
4) your entry and your take profit are >=10 ticks away from any pivot lines

I am sorry I missed the trade but it wasn't safe. I will probably get a signal for another one in ten minutes.

Oh yes, nice... come down. Come down heavy, because you'll still be within the Up trend at the next crossover.

Ok, bearish crossover. The 3 minute countdown has begun. Then I can still decide to wait longer or not to enter, but if I enter I must follow all the rules I wrote down.

Status
Not open for further replies.