Best Thread My Journal at a Prop house

Little bit premature on the woop wooping as Euro trade stopped out for Break Even.

Aussie smashed that 0.9191 and then used it as support (y)

Hi Pozzy and all,

Have we seen a possible set-up on Aussie$ this morning due to price rejecting hourly resistance? potential to be short at 0.9149 area with stop at 0.9159. 2/3 area 0.9144 hit. I didn't take it but just saw this retrospectively?

Cheers,
Dan

Morning guys,

Flat at present on the prop account but thought I would post an Aud/Usd trade that was actually flagged by Dan (djnsfc) earlier in the week as I thought it was pretty interesting. It's a pair I normally dont trade but since Dan mentioned it i have kept one eye on it. I've labeld the chart which really speaks for its self.

attachment.php

Thought it was a great example of previous resistance turning into support. There is tje same range marked out on the 15 min and the 1hr chart. Now because I have a bullish bias I will only be looking to trade a breakout long so no breakout to the short side. If you wanted to be a little more conservative you could raise the top of the range to yesterdays high instead of todays.

Just thought it was worth a post and thanks Dan for sharing (y)

Pozzy

Attachments

• audusd.jpg
    audusd.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 988
hi all and just wanted to say this is the best tread i have found on this site for a long time and is giving me a little lift i need thanks pozzy

this is my chat on eur/usd which i am short from the 23% let me know what you think thansk look to ride it to a test of the 00 line

999.gif

just to add to that my fib lines are draw from the 4hr charts and i am using 15min for entry, my stop has now been moved to 13690 basically the last swing high, now i could take some profit here but i am greedy perhaps to greedy anyway lets see what happens

thanks

p

gave this trade enough time and after news was expected it to move more, +12 on first half and +20 on second half so not a bad day

gave this trade enough time and after news was expected it to move more, +12 on first half and +20 on second half so not a bad day

Hi Pocrel,

Nice trade mate,:D I'm short on it to from a fib of that move down overnight/morning. Scaled out but been a painfully slow trade not taken any stop management yet as its just drifting so going to wait and see how it plays out. look like it was going to start selling off about half hour ago and has bottled it (n). Unplug the mouse, turn off the screens and do anything to keep busy and stop yourself from messing with it. :sleep:

Pozzy

morning mate how are you today?

just entered a long on eur/jpy, was long gbp/usd but got stopped due to tight stop
i also think the eur/usd is a long here aswell

3.gif

boucing off 4hr support 12263my target is 23% 12320

maybe lookin for to much pozzy what do you think?

i could have taken 10 points on both this and cable this morning but i am pushing for bigger targets

mad

been a bit unlucky today have let lots of profit slip away had several profitable trades, long cable and eur/jpy just get no major buying just been bouncing between the 15min fib levels of 00 and 23% retracemenet (perhaps just push for to big a taarget and very tight stops)

how is everyone else getting on?

any examples today mate not sure if i am doing anything you are doing but trying to play extremes on the 4hour wih my little twist on it which we can discuss

cheers

pat

new long trade here eur/usd bouce off the 4hr support 13535,

so lookin to buy and again lookin for the 23 % line for target on the 4hour, take some progfit at the 15min 13% line

3.gif

cracking trade and also took a long on eur/jpy aswell at the same time as it was sitting on the 4hour support when your eur/usd kicked in collected 50 points between both trades, need to be able to hold one position open but i just always see a retrace at the 15min 23% line

sorry gedward, and sorry to pozzy and the rest of you guys perhaps got carried away, as i am a big fan pozzy and was trying to see if i was doing things right

aplologies i wont put any charts etc again

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the lack of posts today but been out the office pretty much the whole day. I took a short on the Eur/Usd and got stopped out. Due to other commitments I haven't been at the desk until now and its been a good few days so I'm prob going to call it a week.

Pocrel :LOL: good man on the enthusiasm glad that you are enjoying my Journal if you have any charts or trade Ideas PM them to me instead then that way the Journal wont get clogged up.

Hope you all have a good weekend (y)

Pozzy

Pocrel :LOL: good man on the enthusiasm glad that you are enjoying my Journal if you have any charts or trade Ideas PM them to me instead then that way the Journal wont get clogged up.
Hi pozzy,
This is your journal - and an excellent one at that - and, quite rightly, subscribers to it are primarily interested in the way you view and trade the markets. Having said that, while 'pocrel's' enthusiasm may, briefly, have got the better of him, I think there is merit in other people posting their charts and views for you to comment on - if you're happy about that? Perhaps you'd like to mull this one over and, if you don't want to do that, then everyone knows where they stand. Just post your preference about what you want / don't want to do. The compromise you suggested to 'pocrel' won't work that well I suspect because, unfortunately, it's not possible to add attachments (i.e. charts) to PMs. Of course, as 'gedward3' rightly points out, everyone is welcome to start their own journal and invite you to comment on it.
Apologies for clogging up your thread with another off-topic post!
;)
Tim.

Hi Guys,

Video taking a look at the Aud/Usd ahead of Monday,

Youtube being annoying made me break it into two parts. :)

Pozzy

Hi pozzy,
This is your journal - and an excellent one at that - and, quite rightly, subscribers to it are primarily interested in the way you view and trade the markets. Having said that, while 'pocrel's' enthusiasm may, briefly, have got the better of him, I think there is merit in other people posting their charts and views for you to comment on - if you're happy about that? Perhaps you'd like to mull this one over and, if you don't want to do that, then everyone knows where they stand. Just post your preference about what you want / don't want to do. The compromise you suggested to 'pocrel' won't work that well I suspect because, unfortunately, it's not possible to add attachments (i.e. charts) to PMs. Of course, as 'gedward3' rightly points out, everyone is welcome to start their own journal and invite you to comment on it.
Apologies for clogging up your thread with another off-topic post!
;)
Tim.

Thanks for the heads up Tim,

Just to follow up I have no probs with anyone posting charts or anything like that, all makes for an interesting thread and thats what forums are all about. As long as comments and Posts are constructive then the more the merrier.

P.S AUD/USD pull back never really happened, got the short on the straight range break and things are running nicely and it's looking like a nice trade. :)

Scaled out a little of the AUD/USD short at 9100 as round figures can often act as support but price breaking through the 00 without any real probs and picking up a little pace. I've only taken a 1/3rd off as this trade is on my personal account I can manage it differently as I don't have any restrictions.

Hi Guys,

Sorry about the lack of posting the last day or two but things have been mad busy. I have actually left the prop house that I have been at, as I have been offered a Job on a derivatives desk at a private fund so it has been a crazy couple of days getting things sorted.

Anyyyways this Aud/Usd still looking like it has some life in it and I have marked off a few trend lines. Pretty tired while make this so was a little ermmmm ummmm and errrr during it but I hope the overall idea is clear.

Thanks

Pozzy