My internet broker/sb conspiracy(ish) theory.

scose-no-doubt

Veteren member
These guys know what they're doin and they aren't out and out robbers (he says lol).
My new formed opinion is as follows. At any given time you are not he only smart ar5e looking at this chart thinking "I can see yoouuuuu". They have traders who are better than me and probably most of us here who know when the market is reaching a point of interest. Chances are there will be a lot of speculation at these levels and althouh maybe not some serious volume in the underlying I'm willing to bet that there will be decent customer volume so stops, limits, orders to open etc will be flying around. I reckon these are where you get fills. The trades open each other, slip for broker benefit and then the broker can manage their risk accordingly. Limits, stops etc used as fills could cause mega slip and cause what is essentially a temp, wide deviation from the underlying e.g. if trade is at 147 and a 3 spread means someone gets a fill at 150 then the new spread becomes 147/153 and so forth for the broker spread when the market may not be moving much.

So the way I see it I have three choices.
1 - stop trying to trade
2 - wait until well after my optimal/crowded entry
3 - trade with death stops (for margin purposes only) and monitor the position manually which would leave me vulnerable to spikes sudden swings

You guys think thats a crock or what cos it makes sense to me and I like to hear other points of view. Only fools are certain and all that.