My, €4.1k to €227k in 2 years, journal.

This is a great blog - it has given me more believe that I can also be a top trader. Much appreciated for the sharing.

This is a great blog - it has given me more believe that I can also be a top trader. Much appreciated for the sharing.

Hey buddy quit the thread bombing. If this is a grate blog u need to up the quality of ur blogroll. Yeh I mite get traffic but don't use that for your sh1t yeh!?

Bemj1981. Interesting thread. Self belief is the key to everything. Screw up? Pick yourself up, shake your head clear and crack straight on. Trading is in my humble opinion a lot of reading, more reading and positive mental attitude. Not sure if you have but always worth reading anything by Anthony Robbins. Good luck on your journey. Just starting mine and like you I can see my future! Good luck.

Bemj1981. Interesting thread. Self belief is the key to everything. Screw up? Pick yourself up, shake your head clear and crack straight on. Trading is in my humble opinion a lot of reading, more reading and positive mental attitude. Not sure if you have but always worth reading anything by Anthony Robbins. Good luck on your journey. Just starting mine and like you I can see my future! Good luck.

Thanks buddy.

GTTY

Last trade added a decent bit, but it didn't "take off" - still, never bemoan a profit as they say. Next!

GTTY

Attachments

• latest.png
    latest.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 113
Update

Hey y'all, the challenge of getting to £191k in 2 years has not been met. I started with £2.4k, then a few months later put in another £1k, to bring total invested to £3.4K (saved you the trouble of using a calculator). The current balance is below (all balances have been converted back into pound sterling), and the challenge is ongoing, however without the time constraints this time! It'll be hit when it's hit. Peace out brothers and sisters.

GTTY

Attachments

• LatestBalance.png
    LatestBalance.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 152
Benji, you are doing OK, maybe a little more focus is what's needed. see if you can aim for a few % a month and you'll be off!

If you can do 100% in two years - which it looks like you've done, then you can get to £191k.

Do you have stats on your trading? Kept an accurate log of everything?
What is your average return per trade? Max drawdown %age over the 2 years?

back posting, for now!

when i started my trading journy a few years ago i thought i was gonna be makin money in a few months - well guess wot!? Didnt appen. Went to an broker seminar run by a guy called darren, he was alright and we had a right long chat about trading and liffe - he was pretty slick..real sharp suit, quality shoes (so pointy he sed he cud spike an olive out of a bowl in one of his posh london pubs he goes to :LOL::LOL::LOL: he was jokin obvs) and basicaly looked the part. I asked what he drove, guess wot!? Lambo! When he told me that i knew i had to listen to wot he had to say bout trading, but anyway i dont have his talents so long story short, im no darren, but i am ben j and im still here fightin! u gotta roll with the punches yeh. Right, u want inspiration - look at tyson fury, no1 gave him a hope of winnin and now hes bloody champ of the world. Luv his views too but he shoulda kept the gay stuff to hgimself cos now he aint gonna win sports personality and thats a grate evening! ( i went in 1997 when greg ruzedsiki won - he's a laff, had beerz with him after, well 1 beer :LOL::clap: with bout 8 others and greg (my m8 used to work for beeb b4 he got sacked - but thats another story!!:cheesy:)). gettin back on track - tradin aint easy unless your turtle trader denise richards or darren, so rest of us have to put in the effort and hours! Fine!!! Thats what im doing but my account is basically flat after all these years, but ey, im still fightin!:cool: Thats it for now, takin the kidz to school but all theyre chatting bout is bloody xmas presents and im skint :mad:. lets hope tradin santa gets buzy b4 all da banks go on hols and theres no1 left in da markets except t2w punters - thats when i know i wanna be havin a xmas snowball wiv da missus :cool: no tradin then til jan. new year, new markets and if i get silver goin ill av a new liffe too! Heres hoping.

GTTY

Hi BenJ.
I not seen your trading journal thread before. I just read your initial post from 2-3 years ago and now today's post.

Well done on hanging in there - yes it does take a lot of hard work (as you have found out!).

If your P&L is flat since you have started then you are actually not doing too bad!

Do you still have ambitions and plans to become a trader?

All the best,
George

Spooky!

Hi BenJ.
I not seen your trading journal thread before. I just read your initial post from 2-3 years ago and now today's post.

Well done on hanging in there - yes it does take a lot of hard work (as you have found out!).

If your P&L is flat since you have started then you are actually not doing too bad!

Do you still have ambitions and plans to become a trader?

All the best,
George

Hi Ben J & George,

I titled this post 'Spooky' because I remember reading this threads opening post(s) back in 2012 and have only recently come back to T2W for a catch-up and re-read the opening post and then jumped to the last page to see how Ben J has ben getting on.

Firstly, I have to concur with George here, flat since starting is actually good going, so good for you Ben J! I like your attitude Ben J, you seem confident but not cocky, arrogant or delusional which are traits that are immediate trader killers. Hang in there bro, I hope you succeed.

Also Spooky because I just read your interview last night, George and then I happen to be posting on the same thread straight after!

I may start another thread if I can't find one, on 'why' do people aspire to be traders? If being flat after 4~ years is good then surely just about any other job has a better chance of return on time invested, yet with trading your time AND your money are at risk. Seems a little paradoxical to me, yet I find myself drawn back here time and time again.

Last edited:
I may start another thread if I can't find one, on 'why' do people aspire to be traders? If being flat after 4~ years is good then surely just about any other job has a better chance of return on time invested, yet with trading your time AND your money are at risk. Seems a little paradoxical to me, yet I find myself drawn back here time and time again.

I think this is a very good question. Should it be a question that a retail trader should really ask themselves and try to determine THEIR real and honest answer?

People want the "dream" & trading has it all, easy money, free time, holidays, for some others maybe it offers a form of hope, or escape...... lubbly jubbly !

......What people then get is reality, some people get reality shown to them in a very nasty way in the form of black swans (the swiss bank debacle) & the like.

If you are still at it after 4 years, enjoying the challenge while keeping your house, then you are building experience & knowledge, no reason to quit or doubt your abilities.

As retail minions we are up against corporate machines & complexities beyond our remotest imagination.

Simplicity is actually our greatest ally.

I read option-georges story, one of the best I've seen on this forum.

If being flat after 4~ years is good then surely just about any other job has a better chance of return on time invested

I think that might perhaps be true if one assumed (a) that income starts when education starts, and (b) that the income-curve is relatively linear. But I don't think either of those assumptions is necessarily valid: there are many careers which require a few years' education and experience, and plenty in which the income-curve is far from linear.