my broker

mcharlton

I am looking into using the mybroker (mytrack) broker/software to trade direct access with UK shares... however... I have downloaded the mytrack software and when I try to enter UK shares on to the monitor either nothing comes up or US stocks are displayed... Do I need to have a mybroker account for this software to work properly or will it not work at all for UK shares... anyone used this or had similar problems?

You need to purchase the data feed from myTrack - this will then enable the software to work with real time data. If you want real-time, then I believe this is the silver plan. On top of that you will need to pay the exchange fees (permissions).

ok.. thanks for the reply...

what are the exchange fees?

also do you use this software yourself...? how do you get on with it?

I used to use myTrack several years ago, so I know what you need to get it going, but have no up-to-date info on prices, etc.

The good thing is that you are only paying for the feeds, per month, so if you want to try it out you are only forking out for one month.

Go to www.mytrack.com - click on myTrack service plans in the left hand column. You need to sign up for the Basic plan first, then upgrade to Silver if you want real-time prices. Not sure what the London feed costs, but I expect it is around £8 or so per month. The US exchanges are free, or $1 depending on the plan.

The exchange fees are charged by the exchanges, and are for the full calendar month. So if you want to be cost-effective, you'd start your subscription on the 1st day of the month!