My ACTUAL P&L record !

Blash
There is no need to get too wrapped up in the minutae of how to scale in/out. Will you be trading many lots straight off?
I do not have any fast and hard rules about scaling in/out and even if I did and told you they would probably be of very little use to you. You will develop your own methods as and when just as you must develop your own trading strategy. Just need to be aware of the principle of it and why it's a good thing to do.

For me the time frame can be seconds or hours. Spread around the target price can be 2-3 ticks to 50+ ticks. Limit orders not market. Not sure what you mean by "you would need to have some idea that the market was going to hold around that area."

Will write about trading methodology if i get the chance ....markets pretty active now!

Zow,
Congrats with your thread. Only noticed this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed reading all the posts. Your thought/reaction provoking statements flush out a lot from fellow t2w'ers. One gets a great idea about peoples personalities, trading styles and even frustrations etc and in a way their professional backgrounds. Yours is clearly one of an investment bank tradingfloor, which obviously not everyone can relate to. No sweat. Keep this thread up; i am sure there were many memebres who enjoyed reading some of your insightful observations. 4300 views ain't bad. Good stuff.

good post...also interesting to read about how other people are getting on.