multinick issues of the purple variety

montmorencyt2w

Asking some nicks on a bulletin board what to do now is totally incongruent with the correct mindset of a trader who is capable of getting it consistently right in the markets.

As you ask I shall give you the correct advice, in contradistinction to what you will be told by the members of this site who are not traders (by this I mean they do not earn their living from trading).

The correct objective is to be professional in this environment. This means understanding what you are doing. When you are proficient you should expect to get it right nearly all the time. The qualifications required are merit, ability, and conduct. If you have these qualities, and persist through sheer dint of will you will ultimately succeed.

Being professional involves doing everything possible to enhance your edge. Part of this is execution. I will explain:

You ought to be participating in the most liquid execution venue for the instrument you are trading. For futures, this means trading at the exchange. There is no excuse for trading an OTC derivative of a future which is incorrectly priced, has exorbitant dealing costs built in, and with a counterparty who wishes you to lose as it is the basis of their business model. A possible exception is if you are holding positions for several weeks there may in some cases be an advantage, from a taxation perspective.

If you are proficient, you should expect your positions to get at the money almost immediately and in the money soon after. Spread betting companies will lose if your position moves in your favour quickly. There are no exceptions. As they are a business who expect to profit they will use every conceivable manipulation to interfere with consistently successful short term traders. This should be obvious. Any "trader" who does not know who their profit comes from and why is not long for this business.

This betting lark is exclusively the domain of the guessers and gamblers who will not succeed trading very fast very liquid markets.

If you are confident that you understand when to buy, when to sell, and when to abstain, and within the correct framework of understanding, you should continue with your trading in a professional manner. This involves considering your quality of execution and dealing costs - these are business costs, and it would behoove you to minimise them as much as possible.

At your current level, this means dealing on the exchange through a competent broker, and not making bets with a bookie.

You will be told all sorts of other things by the blinkered majority on this site, who are not and will never be successful traders. The agenda here is obvious, and a perceptive individual can see at a glance who is who in the zoo. You are responsible for deciding who to listen to - I can assure you there are only a handful of experts on this site, and almost all have better things to do then to fight a pointless rearguard action.

I hope and expect that this clarifies, to your benefit and my satisfaction.

Very kind regards

Ah, the keywords "The zoo", verbosity, and quoting socrates.

Mods, I think we have a multi-nick on board.

Re: I've been shut down!

maybe, is on a confirmed proxy server.

many keywords in there so perhaps not the real deal but just a good impersonator :D

Yes, ban him immediately, we cant possibly have anyone posting anything of value :LOL:
:LOL:

Pretty sure socrates posted a huge thread about options and it turned out, according to official time and sales data that the trades didn't occur.

Fantastico! BARGAIN! GREAT VALUE!

maybe, is on a confirmed proxy server.

many keywords in there so perhaps not the real deal but just a good impersonator :D

Does it really matter if socco is back? I had good fun on citybulls until a certain... shall we say Phil08 who needed a Kill ;)... realised my password was the same as here (ironically enough precisely what I did to Aaronmalins, who btw I spoke to a couple of days ago and is now happy to not be on t2w given that he's rather busy) posted lulz there :LOL:... haven't checked since back since then but they are probably an addition to t2w. They get Paul71 thinking abrasiveness is the same as genuine superiority for a start.. ironically he's probably correct when one notices the normal user here... oh **** where am I going with this... I forget... er, anyway, YEAH

So what are we saying here? That multiple-nicks, banned members reappearing, password/id stealing is now all acceptable practice on T2W?

In the spirit of Christmas or something?

:confused:

So what are we saying here? That multiple-nicks, banned members reappearing, password/id stealing is now all acceptable practice on T2W?

I think its always been acceptable practice for some members, perhaps not for the majority, but certainly for some, and certainly when its in the sites best interests. You cant really blame them can you ?

no, nobody is saying these things are acceptable, it's a devils own job of trying to sort out who's who much of the time, let alone if they are previously banned members or not. we do our best to keep tabs on likely suspects.

bottom line is that if members behave themselves to the guidelines then likely their posts will stay, as will the member.

regardless of popular myths that i have heard bandied about here and on other sites, members here are banned for good reason, they usually let themselves down on return, cause upset and are therefore banned again, then kept out.