Multicharts with Bloomberg .. Rip off ??

dibs

Maybe it's just me but I purchased Multicharts some time ago and, as I had access to a Bloomberg feed, used that as my data source. MultiCharts then changed their format so that a new 'Multicharts Pro' version was introduced at 5 times the cost of the standard version and the Bloomberg feed was now only accessible via the 'Pro' version.

In spite of the fact that I purchased Multicharts in good faith, I am no longer able to use my Multicharts with my data feed. 'Upgrades' of the standard version do not allow previous Bloomberg data users access to upgrades unless you use a different data feed. Is this really an upgrade ?? i.e. you can have upgrades, but you're not allowed to use your data which was agreed to when you signed the initial contract ??

I contacted Multicharts and this was part of their answer below ......

The official decision of MultiCharts management is steadfast. The upgrades are free - you just like all other users can download new versions of our products for free. However, there are some features available only in the Pro version. Bloomberg data feed is one of them. It is used mainly by institutional customers and we think that customers, ready to pay 2000 dollars per month (single PC) for Bloomberg subscription, can afford MultiCharts Pro. The decision to make Bloomberg data feed as a part of MultiCharts PRO is final and not negotiable. We appreciate your comments, but our marketing policy in this case is a well thought step and is not a subject of discussion.

Upgrades may indeed be free, but only if you abandon your data source at your own cost. This seems more like a downgrade policy to me. I was warned for putting a similar message on the Multicharts discussion board which, given the fact that I'm the person being ripped off, seems a little rich. I'm not sure as the statement above indicates that the 'marketing policy in this case is a well thought step', but if it is, it's certainly not for those who have already paid in full for the product.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has had a similar experience.

It was a lifetime license. The way they perceive things is that I get to be able to keep the original version but 'upgrades' are not subject to the same rules as the original i.e. You can have upgrades from this point onwards, but you have to use a different datafeed as we have ring-fenced Bloomberg because we know people who pay more for the datafeed, should be able to pay more for our product !

It's actually a disgraceful way to treat existing customers but as you can read from their response above, it's all to do with the monetary gaing they can make from those who pay higher fees for datafeeds.

I know of some unscrupulous vendors out there, but I expect some of the biggest software providers who depend on customers like us not to alienate those who have already paid.

Thanks for your thoughts !

Everyone with insider information knows that MC is overpriced Russian junk.

I was warned for putting a similar message on the Multicharts discussion board which, given the fact that I'm the person being ripped off, seems a little rich.

lol that doesn't surprise me.

You know that's standard procedure of those MC jerks. It's nothing new.
http://mccensorship.wordpress.com/2012/07/25/multicharts-a-pathetic-company/

What have they threaten you with? What have those jokers written to you? Gulag threat? Sniffing Putin's stinky feet all day long for the rest of your life?

Seriously those amateurs should rather stay in Taiga.

Last edited:
lol that doesn't surprise me.

You know that's standard procedure of those MC jerks. It's nothing new.
http://mccensorship.wordpress.com/20...hetic-company/

For people with short attention span here http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8797/24098016.png is the kind of threat picked from upper main link that those jerks are sending to message board PM inboxes of users. AFAIK Kirrilov is the main developer of MC? Is he on drugs on regular basis? At least it makes it looked like as if he would be when reading that funny bit.

Everyone with insider information knows that MC is overpriced Russian junk.

Is Multicharts .net Starter Edition also overpriced junk?

I downloaded a perfectly legal copy of it for FREE!

Last edited:
Is Multicharts .net Starter Edition also overpriced junk?

I downloaded a perfectly legal copy of it for FREE!

So you just store one or two symbols because that's what's its limitations besides other things? Quite useless. So I'm talking about the full version.

Last edited:
So you just store one or two symbols because that's what's its limitations besides other things? Quite useless. So I'm talking about the full version.

You're quite right - two symbol limitation. I suppose for people who trade a few markets like me, it might be OK.

Sorry to hear about your woes with MC. I thought they we're going to be a serious contender to Tradestation but seem to have stagnated recently. I've had a MC for about 3 years. I've used it, left it, used it left again. I found it to be an ok piece of software.

Personally I prefer SierraChart. They may not have a fancy website, but what they do have is a very active support forum which the development team interact with 24 hours a day. Also, I've had custom studies developed for Sierra with ongoing support for a fraction of the cost of MC.

Sierra have recently introduced their own CME feed to work (currently) alongside brokerage accounts. The platform is very fast, very stable and supported by a good team.

Attachments

• ErasedbyMC.png
    ErasedbyMC.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 369
well there was definitely a page 10, that there is no doubt. how many posts were there before the chop can't be seen. maybe he deleted his own post?

Attachments

• multicharts elite.PNG
    multicharts elite.PNG
    87.7 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
sorry im being a bit slow, how do you know there was a page ten?

Because after reading that thread I had saved the whole thing via webpage auto save suspecting beforehand something could happen. I actually assumed they would order to delete all those last posts.

Last edited:
well there was definitely a page 10, that there is no doubt. how many posts were there before the chop can't be seen. maybe he deleted his own post?

Don't think the id has deleted himself. MC is known for censoring. Someone who isn't in fear does not have to censor. So what do they have to hide? Their practices are pretty fishy.

Don't think the id has deleted himself. MC is known for censoring. Someone who isn't in fear does not have to censor. So what do they have to hide? Their practices are pretty fishy.

how many posts were there on page 10? more than one? just curious only as I have no interest one way or another what goes on at another forum.

more often than not you'll find where there looks to be cause for concern over post disappearances, there is likely no conspiracy and when investigated, as I have said, the poster will have removed his own post. only proof of more than one post from different members will sway me from that view in this instance.

good luck with your cause nonetheless (y)

how many posts were there on page 10? more than one? just curious only as I have no interest one way or another what goes on at another forum.

more often than not you'll find where there looks to be cause for concern over post disappearances, there is likely no conspiracy and when investigated, as I have said, the poster will have removed his own post. only proof of more than one post from different members will sway me from that view in this instance.

good luck with your cause nonetheless (y)

I don't know how many posts have been there exactly. Could have been more than that before I had saved it.

But again it is known practice by MC, just re-read post #5 of this thread where they threaten users via PM. How stupid is that? Wherever they are sponsors of a forum they give orders which posts they want to have deleted. It's not about forums it is about MC. Of course the forum hosts are pathetic too letting it happen but in general I have seen such practices by MC only. IMO they are run by insecure psychos.

Last edited: