Multi screen best size?

Best size? I'd go with 4 x cheap and cheerful 27" LEDs and spread them across a wide desk. ;)

It depends on your needs. If you trade just one instrument, one screen is enough. Most retail folks don't trade more than one instrument.

Anything 22'' or bigger is adequate. If you need more screens (I use two) then too big a screen can generate quite a bit of heat, so smaller (in the 22-25'' range) could be more advisable than a bunch of 27-30'' monsters.

Just my two cents.

Well 1 for reuters/bloomberg, 1 per brokers (i don't have a platform that merger my accounts for different brokers) plus 1 for mail/excel/news.

Go for 19" as they are fairly cheap and a good size for viewing. I would suggest 4-6 screens if you are going to have bloomberg as that takes up 2 screens alone.

Recently put in a 40 and 32 inch. It is wonderful once you get used to it. I'll never go small again.

Cheers

4 x 24" quad mounted cost aoprox £600. Difficult to beat in terms of bang for buck.

Recently put in a 40 and 32 inch. It is wonderful once you get used to it. I'll never go small again.

Cheers
Same here, 37" Sony Bravia HDTV as primary, 19" LG secondary.
Beats squinting or being too close.

In reality all you need is a laptop with an external 40" . How many sets of eyes do you have?
I used to be a screen consultand in the days of electronics businesses.
:cool::cool::cool::cool::LOL:

Attachments

• 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 333
Better to use projector.

at least two or three
make sure they are 3d and don't forget the 3d glasses
throw in a few lazy boys and your good to go :)

nothing like watching your favorite market on the big screen

actually 24s sound good,
i have a bunch of 22's, once they seemed too big, but probably not big enough anymore, i always have the Plasma if needs must , but seems a bit too much for trading and the text is nt as clear as the monitors

the more monitors the better if you want to see many markets all at once and quickly, and saves opening multiple tabs,
its false economy to scrimp on just one or two screens and makes testing so much easier with quite a few

4 is minimum (imo)
6 ample, and anymore is nice :)

Last edited:
at least two or three
make sure they are 3d and don't forget the 3d glasses
throw in a few lazy boys and your good to go :)

nothing like watching your favorite market on the big screen

actually 24s sound good,
i have a bunch of 22's, once they seemed too big, but probably not big enough anymore, i always have the Plasma if needs must , but seems a bit too much for trading and the text is nt as clear as the monitors

the more monitors the better if you want to see many markets all at once and quickly, and saves opening multiple tabs,
its false economy to scrimp on just one or two screens and makes testing so much easier with quite a few

4 is minimum (imo)
6 ample, and anymore is nice :)

I'm using 6 (22 inch each)