Multi Monitor Card setup probs

S

Saul

0 0
Hi all,

I have just taken delivery of and installed a Compaq STB quad card (2nd hand)

It is a PCI card and the problem I have is that my pc is only recognising one monitor.
It has been suggested to me that the pci bridge chip needs 2 B enabled?

what it the pci bridge chip & how do I enable it?

Somebody help me please!

Incidentally, I have been, up to now, using a Radion duel head card (successfully). Am I now being punished for being monitor greedy?

madasafish

470 5
Have you downloaded the drivers? If not do so.. (I think it will be a Matrox card..100 or 200 series).

Are you using Windows XP?

Have you gone to Control Panel, Display to look at what monitors are setup?

S

Saul

0 0
Hi Madasafish,

The guy I bought it from insists that I don't need to download a driver, I did think this his comment a bit iffy, but took his word.

I am running windows XP. I looked at compaq's w/site & my particular card says that it needs windows NT.

I would have thought that win xp would have superceded NT ?

Would it work downloading a matrox driver? or am I just being thick?

Thanks!

Saul

S

Saul

0 0
Madasafish,

I tried to set it up through control panel etc but it would only show one monitor which told me that it didn't recognise the card.

Rognvald

Established member
916 15
XP is v fussy about what it works with. Some older stuff is not capable of use with it as companies have not brought out suitable drivers
There is a website for driver searching - just can't remember it. Can anyone else help?

S

Saul

0 0
Does this mean I'm up **** creek? unless I downgrade to NT which I assume will cause probs with other software?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock