MT4 chart query

munchiedude

hi guys,

im using MT4 with about 8 charts over 3 screens and i was wondering if there were any indicators/expert advisors that will automatically update all charts when i drag a new stock/commodity symbol into the main chart?

i want to keep all else the same on the peripheral charts but just simply to change the stock im looking at.

Im having to do this manually and drag and drop 8 symbols to 8 charts per stock is tedious to say the least.

can anyone help?

The only thing I can suggest is to save templates for the various timeframes you watch, then apply them to the naked charts....

..but be careful, I have found templates can be unstable, so if using them, keep an eye on your CPU usage when applying them.

thanks x4x. im not sure quite what you mean as i am trying to auto update each chart (the charts are set to differing timeframes already) when i drag a new stock into the main chart, the other charts will poppulate the graph of the new stock in it?

With MT4, charts are specific to each market, that is to say you can't change a eur/usd chart into a gbp/usd chart (or a chart of one stock into another stock). Rather you have to open new charts - if you have specific set ups (indicators etc.) for specific time frames, then these can be loaded from templates rather than loading them one at a time and then setting them according to time frame.

I may be misunderstanding your problem, perhaps you can give more details and or screen shots in order to better help you.

in MT4 there is a vertical bar where all the symbols and their respective bid offer prices are, it is this that i drag into an existing chart and the chart then updates to show the information for this new symbol so i do not think you need to open a new chart every time you view a new market?

what i was hoping exists already is something where, lets say i have 8 charts all positioned on my set up already, i can drag one symbol to my main chart and all the other 7 open chart windows will change to that market?

as at the moment, i am having to drag the symbol to each chart to update it one at a time.

hope this clarifies my intentions?

Yes, you're correct, I didn't know you could do that!

If you are trading a regular 'basket' of say 10 different stocks, you could easily create 10 different profiles, then you can just toggle between profiles. If however you are trading a large number of irregular stocks, then I don't know any way round it.

i've just searched google for possible answers and what i was looking for seems to be linking of mt4 charts, a feature that apparently cannot be done on mt4.
strange as i thought someone somewhere would have picked it up and created a solution since mt4 is so versatile!

your suggestiong is an interesting workaround, i suppose its the only way for now, thanks!