MT4 Brokers - Warning

Has anyone been filled on a better price on a limit trade from the most reputable spread betting company out there IG Index? And have you ever been slipped? This is exactly why FXCM got fined. Because they didn't pass on positive slippage. Yet they hedge all their business with bnp paribas, who I have dealt with and their prices were ridiculous especially around big volatile moves. I'm talking 100 point slippages lower/higher than any other bank quoting a price.

Now you've mentioned IGindex yes i've had many better fills "positive slippage" with them sometimes 20-50 points , and when it comes to negative slippage it was limited you most likely will get price rejections instead of negative slippage "market orders" , but that was years ago i'm not trading with IG anymore ...

Last edited:
Now you've mentioned IGindex yes i've had many better fills "positive slippage" with them sometimes 20-50 points , and when it comes to negative slippage it was limited you most likely will get price rejections instead of negative slippage "market orders" , but that was years ago i'm not trading with IG anymore ...

Sorry I meant on resting orders not market. Ive had positive on market orders too. Obviously weekend gap dont count as positive slippage. Its not like they have a choice about that one. If youre receiving receiving 20-50 pips on market orders on low spread markets then maybe you need to update your java.

Sorry I meant on resting orders not market. Ive had positive on market orders too. Obviously weekend gap dont count as positive slippage. Its not like they have a choice about that one. If youre receiving receiving 20-50 pips on market orders on low spread markets then maybe you need to update your java.

Market was moving fast and i was fading ...

Market was moving fast and i was fading ...

Yea that would be a market order. Done the same. Had my fair share of positive slippage on those but I was talking about resting entry orders. I have to speak a different language to you numpties.

Try hitting a zero after your 1 gbp a point. See how they manage it. If you add another you have just entered hell.

Yea that would be a market order. Done the same. Had my fair share of positive slippage on those but I was talking about resting entry orders. I have to speak a different language to you numpties.

Try hitting a zero after your 1 gbp a point. See how they manage it. If you add another you have just entered hell.

numpties ?! I said it was a market order .

Last edited:
brettus

please continue the test, as its very useful for many

moderators and forums have a conflict of interest

if more investigation was made public, maybe the industry would clean up its act (abit)
and good for all, not just the few

numpties ?! I said it was a market order .

Please read what I said. I asked about entry orders after you said market. You chose to ignore. You can take this is as my last message on this thread, because I dont feel the need to explain everything over and over. You win. Mt4 brokers are innocent until proven guilty. Doesn't bother me. Everyone smart will have to make up their mind and wont get the help from others as it may or may not be in this sites personal interests.

Tar. You obviously have my EA all figured out.

Last edited:
brettus

as we can see

I am surprised why you're getting rejections they would love to fill you with extra slippage , maybe you should change the settings of your EA to accept deviation from your requested price . That being said i wouldn't be surprised if these so called brokers are playing games , IMHO these are not brokers nor you are really trading when dealing with them , you are just taking a punt on numbers .

Please read what I said. I asked about entry orders after you said market. You chose to ignore. You can take this is as my last message on this thread, because I dont feel the need to explain everything over and over. You win. Mt4 brokers are innocent until proven guilty. Doesn't bother me. Everyone smart will have to make up their mind and wont get the help from others as it may or may not be in this sites personal interests.

I get it you are asking about limit orders , i didn't ignore that ....

brettus

if more investigation was made public, maybe the industry would clean up its act (abit)
and good for all, not just the few

What conflict of interest?

There are 2 mods on this thread just trying to get a balanced debate ffs.

If the industry is up to monkey business then prove it ! I won't be standing in yours or anybody else's way.

What conflict of interest?

If the industry is up to monkey business then prove it ! I won't be standing in yours or anybody else's way.

The conflict of interest is that forums receive a great deal of advertising revenue from brokers including those heavily fined for defrauding their clients.

As for proof, be careful what you wish for.

The conflict of interest is that forums receive a great deal of advertising revenue from brokers including those heavily fined for defrauding their clients.

As for proof, be careful what you wish for.

I'm not in the slightest bit interested in your spin of where forums get their revenue and the fact that on this forum, moderation is completely independant.

I can't make it any clearer.
Hopefully, the other mods will be along to confirm this.

Those minded towards believing conspiracy theories may wonder why moderators (and pretty much nobody else) assume the role of defending these brokers, many of whom advertise here. Do you see how these things can be interpreted?

The advertising is just the tip of the iceberg !

It's a very unwholesome business

Those minded towards believing conspiracy theories may wonder why moderators (and pretty much nobody else) assume the role of defending these brokers, many of whom advertise here. Do you see how these things can be interpreted?

I'm not here defending any brokers. I couldn't give a toss about brokers. Yet more spin.

Carry on though and I will send you on holiday. Thats a promise.

I don't see how you came to that conclusion !

That being said i wouldn't be surprised if these so called brokers are playing games , IMHO these are not brokers nor you are really trading when dealing with them , you are just taking a punt on numbers .

I'm not here defending any brokers. I couldn't give a toss about brokers. Yet more spin.

Banning people that are highlighting brokers that have been fined for defrauding their clients? Yes that will definitely help the argument. In any case a holiday would be nice, anywhere warm?

Reactions: WR1

nightmare
where would we get our entertainment

you have to admit from our side it all looks abit fishy

nightmare
where would we get our entertainment

you have to admit from our side it all looks abit fishy

I'm not in the slightest bit interested in your spin of where forums get their revenue and the fact that on this forum, moderation is completely independant..

I don't get this independent thing, its nonsense

t2w has rules, and moderators broadly try to moderate in accordance with those rules. If t2w imposed a rule that any member with an R in their name should be banned for posting between the hours of 3 and 6 on a Wednesday, you'd be moderating in accordance with those rules. What's independent about following orders ?

Like it or not, t2w is the way it is because brokers pay. Commercial considerations are already factored into those rules and guidelines.

I think what you are trying to say is there is no secret agenda, but that's a bit of a pointless exercise because some people will believe what they want to believe regardless of the truth.

When you get people believing that MT4 brokers "only accept trades that go against me" - it proves only one thing - the world really has gone MAD!!!