"Mr Spread Betting: Maximum Profit, Low Risk Trading" Book ???

Munster2010

Dear All (hello)

Just joined the forum as a newbie and have read bought some books that have been highly recommended from this site. In amongst all the very helpful info (trader dante, timsk, black swan trader333 to name a phew) I started searching for a plan I could start trading with one that would enable me to formalise my own 'trading edge' going forward.

In the process of doing this I came across a book by a regular contributor (a couple of years ago that is ) David Robertson and his book "Mr Spread Betting: Maximum Profit, Low Risk Trading". A couple of years ago this was like a hot potato with a lot of people giving it positive feedback and the author allowing some of the reputable forum users from T2W to test it. I've just done a search for the book on Amazon and it says " Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. " In addition there doesn't seem to be anything more said about this period either here or on the web ?!?!? So whats happened to the author - does anyone know? also Is the book still around ? and if it is, is it worth buying ?????

Thanks for your help in advance
Herman :)

Attachments

• colbertpopcorn.gif
    colbertpopcorn.gif
    496.6 KB · Views: 1,811
Dear All (hello)

Just joined the forum as a newbie and have read bought some books that have been highly recommended from this site. In amongst all the very helpful info (trader dante, timsk, black swan trader333 to name a phew) I started searching for a plan I could start trading with one that would enable me to formalise my own 'trading edge' going forward.

In the process of doing this I came across a book by a regular contributor (a couple of years ago that is ) David Robertson and his book "Mr Spread Betting: Maximum Profit, Low Risk Trading". A couple of years ago this was like a hot potato with a lot of people giving it positive feedback and the author allowing some of the reputable forum users from T2W to test it. I've just done a search for the book on Amazon and it says " Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock. " In addition there doesn't seem to be anything more said about this period either here or on the web ?!?!? So whats happened to the author - does anyone know? also Is the book still around ? and if it is, is it worth buying ?????

Thanks for your help in advance
Herman :)

Hi Herman
I don't knowif it is your author but somebody e-mailed me
very useful information about using stop orders and limit orders
to reduce risk Spread betting is high risk some traders don't
figure that stop and limit orders are a big deal. What is your
opinion?
Regards lilli2

Dear All (hello)

Just joined the forum as a newbie and have read bought some books that have been highly recommended from this site. In amongst all the very helpful info (trader dante, timsk, black swan trader333 to name a phew)

:eek: You sure?

LOL ! Yes even you Black Swan - just found some of what you had to say interesting.

Lili2 - well from what i've been reading so far (and implementing with 10p bets) I would only feel comfortable (so far) in placing OCO (one cancels other) type orders. Meaning having a SL and limit order makes sure I control the bet so if it goes against me I control my losses but if it goes as i expect it to then it will hopefully hit my limit and i make a profit. Argument here might be to 'run your winnings' but I cannot be at the screen all day hence I'm automating the limit so I get something as opposed to nothing. I am looking into trailing stop losses at present to alleviate this situation but as a newbie this is part of my strategy so far. Hope it helped with your question.

Herman

Avoid like the plague, unless you enjoy wasting your money. Take my advice on board before the spineless weasels that run this forum delete this thread.

OK thanks for that William - did you purchase and it didn't go as expected ??

There have been numerous threads relating to that book and the person behind it. I am going to attempt to phrase the next part carefully, to give no excuse for deleting this thread like all the others.

There have been allegations (to whose truth I cannot attest) that the vendor copied and stole systems (for example from Phil Newton, a regular poster on this site), reneged on promises (all forums relating to his many systems that offered lifetime support have vanished), was banned from this site and reappeared many times under various impressively witty monikers (such as T2Wsucks and PhilNewtonSucks), banned members of his trading forum for questioning him, threatened members of his forums and purchasers of his many systems with both legal action and physical violence, actually claimed to have assualted one former member called Jopester, conducted live webinars when drunk, and lied about trading results.

Whether these allegations have any truth in them I do not know, but they have all been made by members of this site. All threads relating to this person have been removed by the admin of this forum with no reasons given. Possibly there are legitimate reasons for their removal, possibly there are not. In which latter case you might think carefully before accepting any advice from anyone connected with this site.

In all of the many threads relating to the vendor and his many, many, many, many systems there have been few voices in support of him and many against. This does not of course mean that his many, many, many, many systems are not excellent and indeed wholly original. Doubtless they are both of these things and you would be well served by purchasing an indicator-based "system" such as the one you are asking about.

I cannot say but I would again urge you to take what you need from any replies you receive as this thread will shortly disappear.

If you should, on reflection, feel that you might be better served by a different approach, begin with the James16 thread on Forex Factory.

Last edited:
Wow - thanks for the response William (was wondering why Amazon had 'pulled' the book). Back to the legitimate 'drawing' board it is for me then.

PS - I'll checkout the 'James16' thread you mentioned - Thanks again

FYI, got an email, did some investigation and found this:

Domain name:
ftse100-performance-trading.co.uk

Registrant:
David Robertson

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
###
Glasgow

You mean this? Who cares...?

Registrant's address:

4 Kirkwall Avenue
Blantyre
Glasgow
South Lanarkshire
G72 9NX
United Kingdom

http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whoi...ding.co.uk&WHOIS+Submit.x=25&WHOIS+Submit.y=4

Hello frm lilli2

Is there such a thing as low risk spread betting?
Most indexes are very volatile. My Mum made a regular income
by phoning the Sun Newspaper they have a shares page and
telephone broker she would enquire how the ftse 100 was
doing Place a trade listen to the radio just as her trade was going
UP she'd wait when it started to go down she'd sell.:cool:
KEEP IT SIMPLE.
WARM REGARDS lilli2

Hello frm lilli2

Is there such a thing as low risk spread betting?
Most indexes are very volatile. My Mum made a regular income
by phoning the Sun Newspaper they have a shares page and
telephone broker she would enquire how the ftse 100 was
doing Place a trade listen to the radio just as her trade was going
UP she'd wait when it started to go down she'd sell.:cool:
KEEP IT SIMPLE.
WARM REGARDS lilli2

Bloody hell.

Thats some trading there if she was making money as well :)

FYI, got an email, did some investigation and found this:

Domain name:
ftse100-performance-trading.co.uk

Registrant:
David Robertson

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
###
Glasgow

I wondered how I got those emails!!!!!! Back to his old tricks........ I see he has quickly removed his address from the domain now and is hiding behind a Name Company.

Beyond f******** belief this guy. Maybe Momentum Flux didnt sell?? I need money quick, as my beers are running out........ I'm sobering up - help!!!!!

:clap:

LOL.

I was watching this developing today pissing myself laughing.

Please if anyone lives near that address go to the door and ask for me really please do!
If any of you think for one second I stay there then go and give the door a knock.

Also pissing myself laughing at my x-members who I slapped bans on climb out the woodwork with all their Davie is this Davie is that. Really get a life.

I find it very funny reading all the sheeps comments, follow the leader.

Now as for my courses I no longer sell any of them becasue I can't be arsed dealing with twits and desperados anymore. Really bored with all the email questions, forum questions from donkeys that will never be a trader or close to it.

Now I sold courses, you bought them, you got the product.

Did I make money selling courses, yes of course I did whats the problem.
I will tell you now when I ran my forum at its prime I had over 1,500 members guess what 85% of them bought at least 2 of my products. They were happy with the first one so they bought the second one, they were happy with that one so they bought the third one and then the 4th one.

All 4 of my courses sold 800+ each, prices ranging from £150-£300, did I make a lot of cash from this, yes of course it is a buisness thats the name of the game!

You all need to get a grip and start trading insted of spening your time on a forum bitching about people. To be honest I don't care if its about me, becasue your all going round in circles chasing your tails thinking you know me, or have my address lol, the fact of the matter is you don't know me(who IS to say my name is even David Robertson? and fact of the matter is I dont even stay or have stayed in that street/address above.....try harder columbo!), becasue while you are sitting posting the same old, davie said this davie said that, davie did this davie did that routine, I'am busy counting my money.

Fact of the matter is my 4 course generated well over £500,000 in the past 2 years life is a bitch uhh? lol.

Oh and hows the job hunting going Sharon ?

Just to finish up here and I have enjoyed this little chat.

You all still don't get it. Your still all as dumb as ever.

Everything I told you or wanted you to think sunk right into your tiny little minds.

I **** my self laughing when people post here about me saying yeah Davie is a drunk and hes this and that. Or better still they think they out smart me, no better than me or have my cards market.

Fact is its the other way around.

I make you belive what I want you to! Thats why you all kept handing over your money.

So who is the fooking fool ?

Not me I'm not the one chasing my tail thinking I know something. Fact is you only know facts from my bubble that I created and you LIVED in. Thats why you kept paying your money to me!

Silly billy.

Heres something to think about...

moneyl.jpg