Most popular time to have a MACD indicator BEGIN calculating 30 second ES bars?

bedrock362

Hello T2W Community,

What is the most popular time to have a MACD indicator BEGIN calculating 30 second ES (Emini S&P 500) bars? At the 6pm (EST) opening of each daily session? At the 6pm (EST) Sunday opening of each weekly session? At the first opening session that the contract became the front month?

I ask because the MACD value for 30 second bars varies significantly based on the time I begin running the MACD. For instance, the MACD value of a 30 second bar closing on Wed at 8pm (EST) will be different if the MACD began running on Wed 6pm (EST) vs if the MACD began running on Sunday 6pm (EST).

Thanks!

P.S.
Same question regarding running other popular indicators (such as Bollinger Bands) on 30 second ES bars.

On standard settings on the 30 second T/F the MACD only contains data from the previous 13 minutes so it shouldn't matter when you start it. I can't understand why it would vary at all.

. . . Same question regarding running other popular indicators (such as Bollinger Bands) on 30 second ES bars.

On standard settings on the 30 second T/F the MACD only contains data from the previous 13 minutes so it shouldn't matter when you start it. I can't understand why it would vary at all.
Hi bedrock362,
Welcome to T2W.

I was thinking much the same thing as cbrads, the only possible exception being if you change the default MACD settings to something a lot bigger. If you felt inclined to post a couple of charts showing the difference, that might help members spot what's going on.
Tim.

even if there were some small differences, in the grand scheme of things, what possible difference could they make ?
If you're scalping off a 30 second TF, I don't believe any indicator, of any setting, of any start time is going to be of any use whatsoever

(same applies for any other TF, but that's a different story)